• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this be big enough for 4 bunnies?

purple_x

Warren Scout
Right now my rabbits are indoors but will be going back outside in the summer so I am getting new accommodation ready for them.

I have found this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/14-x-6-x-5-10...4?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item41565e780e

Although it's just 14ft long there is a door on the end and the advert says any size can be made so if neccessary I could have a few extra feet added on.
I like it because it is 6ft wide, most dog kennel and runs I have seen are only 4ft wide.

So at present I only have 2 bunnies but one day in the future would like to have 3 or 4 (I know it may not work out and I'm in no rush for it to happen, it would just be nice)
Would this be big enough for 3-4 bunnies do you think?
If not how many more feet would need to be added to make it big enough?

The reason I'm asking is that I would rather buy a home that's big enough for more bunnies in case I do end up with a group rather than buy a smaller one now and then have to buy a bigger one at a later date.

Last edited:
Think it would be fine:D
You could also add another level with it being such a good height.

I think the recommended floor space required for two buns is 6x2 with 6x4 attached, so this is double the indoor space (6x4) and more than double the outdoor space (6x10).

I think it would be great for a foursome, and if you could put a 'cosy corner' in the inside area, and an upper level in the run (like a long bench) then I think it would be even better.

We are looking at something similar for our four if we can bond them over the summer.

Yes it looks great. I would add a second door from the run part to the covered part so that they can't block each other from different sections and cause fights. As someone suggested above you could add a shelf to part of the run to give them something interesting to jump up on.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

And stator that's a good idea about adding another door in the shed part, I didn't think of that.

I will be adding another level by either putting a long dining table or 2 in there and putting 'safety' rails and a ramp on or putting a few benches in there.
I cant wait, just need to get the garden paved over first!
My brother has been measuring everything today, excited to get started now :D

Just one more question.... I know most of the home is covered and if it rains the buns can go in the shed part but if they decide to sit in the run how would I go about covering the front part? Would a curtain pole with a thick shower curtain pulled across be enough?

Also would it be a good idea to put some of that corrugated type plastic on the roof and a piece of guttering so the rain water gets collected and goes into a water butt, just to protect the roof more. Or is that not neccessary?

I put perspex on the front of mine in the Winter whick seems to work out fine,bunnies can still see out and keep dry:D

Back