• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pic of Oliver & Oscar's C&C 'base'!

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
Just wanted to share a piccy of Ollie & Oscar's 'base' (don't think I've shared before).
It's a 3x2 C&C cage, just used as a food/litterbox/chill station. They're 100% freerange of my bedroom and are never locked in, but spend loads of time in here anyway :roll:
They've got a door at the floor, and a door leading onto my bed so they can come for snuggles whenever they choose.

Spot the grumpy bun...

004.jpg

And quick question...is there a minimum 'base' size requirement? If I were to add a larger 3rd bun, would the size of their feed/litterbox/sleep station need to increase, even if they are never closed in? Just curious...

Hope you likey :wave:

I would only suggest a mimimum base size if you are shutting them in....... if so, you would deffo need bigger.

I would only suggest a mimimum base size if you are shutting them in....... if so, you would deffo need bigger.

Oh yes, of course! If I ever closed the doors, I wouldn't even keep my two lil guys in it! It's quiteeee small (46"x30"x30"), but big enough to house all of their 'necessities' so all the bun stuff is in one place and they have a comfy place to relax when they choose.
Was just curious about the base situation, I 'spose!

Oh yes, of course! If I ever closed the doors, I wouldn't even keep my two lil guys in it! It's quiteeee small (46"x30"x30"), but big enough to house all of their 'necessities' so all the bun stuff is in one place and they have a comfy place to relax when they choose.
Was just curious about the base situation, I 'spose!

I use a simular set up for my two..... I dont shut them in though (it doesnt have any 'front' to it anyways.....). My guys are diddy though.

As long as you can fit enough litter boxes (I think you will need 2 for 3 buns really) and somewhere for them to flop out, it doesnt really matter. The size of their 'cage' is actually the size of the room they live in :)

Heres mine, they have full roam of the bottom floor, including the bedroom.... we've recently been getting 6:30am bunny wake up calls (in the form of them binkying all over us.... or digging us :roll: :lol: )

cb145e5d.jpg

(sorry about the washing basket..... it doesnt usually live there!)

Oh wow, that looks great! Looks so cozy too!!
I had built mine without a front to it, but they neeever went in it then. They didn't seem to feel secure enough. Plus the doors do come in handy for when I hoover my floor. I can pop them in there for a few minutes so they aren't running around my feet like nutters :roll:
I've got two litterboxes in, one small one under the hay rack and one under their shelf :D
Thanks again. Your setup looks fab!

...And it isn't a mess at all! I just happened to take my picture on cleaning day :lol::lol:

Oh wow, that looks great! Looks so cozy too!!
I had built mine without a front to it, but they neeever went in it then. They didn't seem to feel secure enough. Plus the doors do come in handy for when I hoover my floor. I can pop them in there for a few minutes so they aren't running around my feet like nutters :roll:
I've got two litterboxes in, one small one under the hay rack and one under their shelf :D
Thanks again. Your setup looks fab!

...And it isn't a mess at all! I just happened to take my picture on cleaning day :lol::lol:

I have an old fleece around mine, mostly to make it cosy and unaffected by draughts, but also, there are cables behind there so they cant see or try to get to them ;) I got the rubber backed fleeces off ebay, but bath matts are just as good, and cheaper!! Ive changed my set up so many times over the last few years, before it used to be 3 x 6 cubes, it was huge, but that was when I used to shut them in when they were unsupervised, now they are free range, I dont need to create them a 'pen' - they use most of the room, especially the sofa and under my bed!! :eek:

I do like your set up, I just dont like the front! I wouldnt be able to stroke the buns whenever I wanted to! Lol! :p Does look so tidy and kinda cute!! :lol:

Good luck creating something ideal for you all :D

Am loving those c&c bases!

My buns have full run of the house but spend most of their time in my bedroom so might make one of these for them just so they have a little base to go in. They do go under the bed but these look nice so I want one!

Am loving those c&c bases!

My buns have full run of the house but spend most of their time in my bedroom so might make one of these for them just so they have a little base to go in. They do go under the bed but these look nice so I want one!

Theyre so easy to make and change too..... its just handy to have a 'space' where their water, hay and litter box ALWAYS live.... I also use it to hide cables behind!! (I have random bits around the house protecting cables too......)

Theyre so easy to make and change too..... its just handy to have a 'space' where their water, hay and litter box ALWAYS live.... I also use it to hide cables behind!! (I have random bits around the house protecting cables too......)

Couldn't agree more! I've had so many C&C setups I've lost count! They're quite fun to create and build!
And soooo nice if you've got free range buns. I like their hay in ONE place. Not all over my bedroom floor :roll::lol:

Couldn't agree more! I've had so many C&C setups I've lost count! They're quite fun to create and build!
And soooo nice if you've got free range buns. I like their hay in ONE place. Not all over my bedroom floor :roll::lol:

I dont have their set up in the bedroom so MOSTLY we dont end up with hay in the bedroom (thank goodness!), you can get really nice litterboxes that are big and have a 'lip' ... mine is one but Winter keeps digging the 'lip' part off..... it does stop hay and litter getting scattered everywhere when Winni binkies into and out of the litter box :roll: :lol:

I love the carrot tree.... its excellent to store all their toys in!! :D

Very neat set ups!

I love C&C set ups! I have mine in C&C cages but once they're free ranging 24/7 I'm not going to have one as a base for space reasons, it just takes up less space to not to use one. but I'm going to miss them :( I love making them, I think they're so cool looking. Though I'll always use them as fences to protect cords and my cat's litterpan so the buns can't get in it. And one day when I get guinea pigs and ferrets I'll use them.

Fanks!!

This is the smallest one I have ever made, but they dont need a big base any more, they dont get shut in there.... it makes the room look sooooo much bigger now! :D

I sooo agree! Just curious...do they spend a lot of time lounging in it/hanging in that area? Because when mine first went free range, I was so surprised at how often they actually wanted to be in there! I thought they'd be completely "anti-cage". They do of course spend loads of time running around, but they are quite often found cuddling up on their shelf there

I sooo agree! Just curious...do they spend a lot of time lounging in it/hanging in that area? Because when mine first went free range, I was so surprised at how often they actually wanted to be in there! I thought they'd be completely "anti-cage". They do of course spend loads of time running around, but they are quite often found cuddling up on their shelf there

When they are sleeping or lazing around, they go to their base, if I hoover, they go to their base, if they take fright, say if theres a loud noise, they run to their base....they def know its theirs! They only venture into our bedroom when we're in there, usually at 3am and then 6:30am !! Sods!

Other then this, they clamber all over the sofa, binky everywhere, charge around and follow us lol!! Especially if they hear food packets! :p

Back