• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long incriments to build up free range time?

bunlover

Warren Veteran
then:
our fencing came down end oct , bunnies came indoors but have had access every few days(apart from snow) to outdoor run (6x6ft) and still have reasonable winter coats, dora had been fighting ec (thats the short version)

now:
iv put up temperary fencing so they can have free range time wtih supervision and they went out today for 1.5hours, now dora is still having issues with her back legs and has not wanted to hop around much indoors as she struggles with the flooring, im worried about muscle wastage with her truth be told, arthur is fine as he bounds around indoors or out, how slowly should i take it reindtroducing dora to the free range she does hop around fast then sit for a while i let them have 1.5hours today and would like to build it back up to more like a full day should i increase by about 30 mins every few days depending on how she is or more?

are you talking about indoor or outdoor free-range time?

outdoor free range time, she has had indoor free time when ever she wants but sadly hasnt been able to run as the floors are laminate so hops or walks, she has had time in the outdoor run but 6x6ft in my opinion is not enough room for a rabbit to really run, however i want to build her time up gradually.

outdoor free range time, she has had indoor free time when ever she wants but sadly hasnt been able to run as the floors are laminate so hops or walks, she has had time in the outdoor run but 6x6ft in my opinion is not enough room for a rabbit to really run, however i want to build her time up gradually.

I would suggest rugs or an offcut of carpet indoors...

As far as building up free-range time, I think it can be done straight away as long as it is on the rabbit's own terms and she's not left out if shes looking exhausted.

I would worry about predators when free-ranging outside.... youd have to make sure the garden was secure from above as well.

Back