• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insuring animals with previous issues

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Im considering insuring Sebastian, hes had 1 bout of stasis, I imagen this wont be covered if I do insure him but would it affect the insurence in any other way :wave:

Also should I insure Mae? She has had unexplained weight loss, dental problems, a blood test, and bloat :?

There is a savings accoutn for them which I will keep putting money in even if I do insure one or both of them :wave:

I've just insured my two bunnies, both of whom have had a few problems. The problem issues and certain other related things are excluded, and I was unsure whether to go ahead or not but decided to in the end, as there are soany other things that can go wrong aswell! :wave:

The stasis might be excluded for a certain period only. I insured Rudy who has had regular bloat/stasis episodes, they have put a time limit on the exclusion, something like if he has 1 year free of bloat episodes it will be 'reviewed', I'm not holding my breath on it though.

Most conditions that are episodic, chronic or likely to recurr are often excluded. Stasis and bloat can recurr but often don't so if your vet can provide records that there have been no further incidents in a time period determined by the insurer they may cover it.
The things they usually exclude as previous illnesses are abscesses, dental issues, orthopaedic conditions and neurological conditions.
I think only petplan cover future dental treatment, as long as they have annual checks, and general gut conditions. Most other companies exclude them outright, which makes insuring bunnies pretty pointless!

Back