• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good news for Snowball and Mitzi!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Snowball and Mitzi went to the vets this morning to have their matted bottoms shaved, any dental work done and Mitzi was x-ray and bloods were taken.
Their bottoms were quite raw and sore under the matting but they will be much more comfortable now.
The vet gave their teeth a rasp but they were very good for their age.
Mitzi was x-rayed and there is no sign of any tumours, her lungs are clear and there is nothing obvious in her uterus.
They took Mitzi's blood and have sent it off for analysis, I didn't bother with Snowball because hopefully he won't need another op.

So now I have to decide whether to spay Mitzi, I'm really torn as to what to do. There is no sign of cancer, so do I leave her and get her checked yearly, or do I get her spayed and hope she copes with it. At least if I go with the op we know as much as we can about her physical health.

I really don't know what to do, added to which she is a well loved bunny by her 'owner' and I would feel even more responsible if something happened during the op........ its so hard sometimes to know what is best.

Last edited:
Glad it's good news for them so far ... and sympathising with your deliberations! What age is Mitzi?

I'm not sure, she was being sedated for the clip and got her teeth done but I didn't asked if she had a full GA for that. I'll try to remember to ask tonight when I pick them up.

Most of Mtzi's bloods have come back clear, one part had coagulated so they will re-run a sample again for free. I need to take her back on Monday for another sample to be taken and hopefully they will be OK too. Her urea/creatinine were slightly low and the vet said that would be because of reduced protein levels, but I have held off from feeding pellets until I got their teeth checked because they were getting dirty bums and we think this may be the cause.

Back