• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you want?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
My life long ambition is to be self-employed and work from home :oops:
My mom started her own business, and is encouraging that if I have a good idea that I should do so also. My mom was very successful, so I do have the support of someone knowledgeable behind me.

I really really want to design and make an online store for rabbits and other small animals. In this store I want to sell hutch's designed and built by myself. Indoor cages, but not like the ones you see but modified dog crates. I have lots of idea's such as a nic cage starter pack for guinea's and rabbit's for the creative rabbit owner. I write them all down on word and try and make them make as much sense as possible.

I'm hopefully going to be taking business this year in college, since I doubt my health will have any impact on this course.

Long term, I'd love to run an actual shop, and us the shop to encourage our rescue animals as well as other rescue's.

I have really big goals and aspirations. :oops:

So anyway, my question to you is what would you want out of an online shop? I was also thinking that I could sort it so once a month a certain percentage of the income goes into my rabbit bank account to be used on the rescue.

Oh also, I would not be selling anything that I personally would not use on my own rabbits, so we would not sell wood shavings, but instead megazorb, no muesli mix only pellet's etc.
Any idea's would be great. Thank you.

It's great you have such good plans and ambitions!

You sound like you have everything very well thought out. I think the selling point that youwouldn't sell anything you wouldn't use on your own buns is a fantastic idea, you could maybe have pictures of your own buns on the website using/eating/playing with the products to show them in action.

I think the most important thing for me on an online store of any kind is plenty of choice and availability of stock. it's really annoying when you can get most but not all the things you need from one place then have to pay postage or go into a shop for the other stuff.

Good luck :wave:

It's great you have such good plans and ambitions!

You sound like you have everything very well thought out. I think the selling point that youwouldn't sell anything you wouldn't use on your own buns is a fantastic idea, you could maybe have pictures of your own buns on the website using/eating/playing with the products to show them in action.

I think the most important thing for me on an online store of any kind is plenty of choice and availability of stock. it's really annoying when you can get most but not all the things you need from one place then have to pay postage or go into a shop for the other stuff.

Good luck :wave:

Thank you :) Can I ask what sort of stuff you buy online?

i think that's a great idea - go for it! :D
a one-stop shop would be ideal and keep p&p prices at a minimum so no profit is made on this
you'll learn loads on a business course

Thank you :) Can I ask what sort of stuff you buy online?

Every couple of months they get a new pop up tunnel, but i buy that in pets at home, but would order online if somewhere else sold the same make of tunnel

Every other month i get a sack of megazorb and a bag of excel nuggets

Then every month I get:

Straw

Readigrass

Hay (i normally treat them to one dearer hay thats just a 'treat' topping on the readigrass plus i try and try them on a new everyday hay each month too as trying to reduce their addiction to readigrass)

A bag of dried herb mix

A bag of plantain

Fenugreek crunchies

A toy (if i can afford it)

Some sort of chewy thing like a log roll or wood sticks

Thank you, I will look into each of these items, by pop up tunnel do you mean fabric, cardboard or those green plastic waterproof ones? I don't think I'd get in the cardboard ones (I think they're a waste of money) but will be using the waterproof fabric and green plastic ones for sure as I use them myself :)

Back