• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a year on (ranting)

shadow05

Mama Doe
ive only just realised that ive had scooter for a year and the choices ive made in that time and how much hes changed.

it made me wonder have i made the right choices for him, was keeping him the right choice?

Theres only one person who can answer that question, and thats you.

Do you think you've done the right thing keeping him and doing whats best for him?

For someone who came here with basically not a lot of knowledge, you've done a lot in a short time, in my opinion.

You've done the following;

• Improved his accomodation
  • Given him space to play around
  • Spent time with him
  • Had him neutered
  • Are looking into getting him a friend in the future (?)

I say thats a good start at least :)

If youve done all that what Gray has said,vacced too, Id say youve done a good job.
You feeling like a bit plateaued about him???
I knew nowt about buns when I came on here,2 yrs ago.
Youre doing well, marvellously.Now reap the benefits from him.Bet hes a pleasure.xxxxx

I remember first seeing you on here, and you have done well for Scooter. Vaccinations would be a good idea next!

I thought that your relationship with scooter had improved greatly, especially with the advice available on RU. You getting him neutered, improving his accomodation and understanding his needs better, i think you absolutely did the right thing of keeping him.

ur his behaviour has changed a lot more in the past year but there are things that ive never been able to change maybe the neutering will get that for me. i hope so lol.

but as for vaccs im gonna wiat a little while. i will eventually do them its just after the whole neautering business i think scooters stressed out enough.
but i think i might get him vaccinated about june or july. i really cant afford it at the moment.

im gonna be doing some more rabbit shopping this week.

oh yea just remebered something since scooters been neutered i know ive told u this but hes been a bit off not in a bad way, its actually quite good really, but anyways hes started eating more hay ive realised that yesterday i filled his hay rack up went down stairs came upstairs about 4 hrs later to fnd that he had eaten all the hay. i had to fill it 3 times yesterday thats how much hes eating normally he would only go through 1 hay rack full of hay that would last him throught the day and he would empty it while im asleep at night.

so im slowly decreasing his pellets now.

srry im ranting again.

If youve done all that what Gray has said,vacced too, Id say youve done a good job.
You feeling like a bit plateaued about him???
I knew nowt about buns when I came on here,2 yrs ago.
Youre doing well, marvellously.Now reap the benefits from him.Bet hes a pleasure.xxxxx

what does plateaued mean lol i tryed googling it but google broke i think lol

Reached a point where you feel you cant go further.

nah its just wat im like. i always sit and wonder wat would have happened if i didnt do this and that and if i made the right choices i also feel really guilty when i dont know the answer. im weird like that lol.

i also feel bad when i have people saying i should get rid of him, but because im stubborn i wont lol. i dont know wat it is i always wats the word i think its secound guess myslef.

nah its just wat im like. i always sit and wonder wat would have happened if i didnt do this and that and if i made the right choices i also feel really guilty when i dont know the answer. im weird like that lol.

i also feel bad when i have people saying i should get rid of him, but because im stubborn i wont lol. i dont know wat it is i always wats the word i think its secound guess myslef.

well, keep at it hun! Scooters alright!! If only he could talk, hed sit you down and tell you himself.

Hey shadow, I have only been here a short while but I have read posts of yours and I can tell you love scooter very much and you do your best to care for him/give him what he needs.
I think you're doing a great job.

And yay that he's nomming more hay, good boy scooter :love:

Back