• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheap Wire?

Hey, I just found a lovely 6ft x 4ft dog kennel, and I need some wire to modifiy it as well as for my runs. The local 'garden store' to me is focus, but all I can find there is this:
http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/dispatcher?quickLiveProductCode=185557PRD

Surely that wont be strong enough against cats/foxes? I've never seen a fox in the area, but I don't want to push my luck.

I'd say that was much too thin. You'll need much thicker galvanised mesh, do they do differnet thicknesses? I havent had a chance to look yet :)

The best place to get wire mesh is on eBay. Look for 1inch x 1/2inch 19guage galvanised wire mesh which is the minimum you need to keep your buns secure.

The best place to get wire mesh is on eBay. Look for 1inch x 1/2inch 19guage galvanised wire mesh which is the minimum you need to keep your buns secure.

Thank you for the exact sizes, makes my searching a whole lot easier :)

Ahh but alas' you have a car :lol: I'm stuck walking to focus.

Actually I remember focus having wire in like the one I just found on ebay.. It might be a fun time to go down and investigate. I want to buy some plants anyway :)

Back