• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone help me quick, honey's not eating

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Just came down to feed the buns and they're normally going mad for their breakfast but honey isn't interested. She's lying around and moving very slowly, she's had a tiny bit of a crunchy and is now sitting in her litter tray looking uncomfortable :( do i have to take her to the vets which terrifies her, or do you think they'll give me something without seeing her??

Last edited:
Sending vibes for her. She does need to go to the vets as they won't give her anything without seeing her. Good luck.

Oh no poor Honey :(
Id call the vet and get her in as soon as they open. They cant give you meds without seeing her as they'll need to feel for a blockage etc before they know how to treat her.
In the meantime keep her warm and quiet. A gentle tummy massage might help ease her pain abit.
Make sure the vet gives her painkillers.
Good luck and loads of vibes xxxx

She's just had a wash and is chewing her willow sticks now so at least she's moving... I'll give her half an hour then ring the vets if she's not eating. Thanks guys x

She's just come out of her pen for a hop around, so that's good isn't it? Maybe my OH gave her too many pellets last night and she's just not hungry yet... :? Will keep you updated.

She's just had a wash and is chewing her willow sticks now so at least she's moving... I'll give her half an hour then ring the vets if she's not eating. Thanks guys x

Its a good sign shes chrwing on her sticks :love: Sounds like it might be abit of gas. My Mimi had a bout of this a few weeks back, stopped eating suddenly and looked very uncomfortable (late at night of course :roll:) I syringed her some cooled boiled water and gently massaged her tum for an hour. I could hear her tum gurgling and feel it softening as I did it :shock: It worked a treat :D

She's just had some of her breakfast :) panic over!!! God I was so worried! :?

:shock: Phew!
Probs abit of gas that has shifted then. Just keep a close eye on her today and make sure she gets plenty of exercise.
They do love to strike us with panic dont they :lol:

Back