• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vet rang with fecal tests results today

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Well the good news is that Merlin and Bertie have no coccidia oocytes..phew!

HOWEVER..poor Bluebell has tested postive for coccidia..and to add insult to injury..she laso has pinworms!:shock: now i know she was panacured at BARC...so shes about due for another course anyway.
BUT our vet is coming up against brick walls in trying to get more info on whether or not to dose her again and this time higher dosage. She said shes running up phone bills to bristol to richard:lol::lol:

its surprising as bluebell is as she was on her first day here...nosey...feisty..a bit people shy.....hungry..hungry and hungry:lol: Shes extremely norty with an evil sense of humour..ask our poor cats!! But this is how her sister was until three days before she was pts..how the tide turns:(

i am worrired now..if the coccidia wont die off and shes shedding the oocytes...no matter if i catch each poop as it comes out of her bottom..she still has to eat her cecals....catch 22 situation.

Well the good news is that Merlin and Bertie have no coccidia oocytes..phew!

HOWEVER..poor Bluebell has tested postive for coccidia..and to add insult to injury..she laso has pinworms!:shock: now i know she was panacured at BARC...so shes about due for another course anyway.
BUT our vet is coming up against brick walls in trying to get more info on whether or not to dose her again and this time higher dosage. She said shes running up phone bills to bristol to richard:lol::lol:

its surprising as bluebell is as she was on her first day here...nosey...feisty..a bit people shy.....hungry..hungry and hungry:lol: Shes extremely norty with an evil sense of humour..ask our poor cats!! But this is how her sister was until three days before she was pts..how the tide turns:(

i am worrired now..if the coccidia wont die off and shes shedding the oocytes...no matter if i catch each poop as it comes out of her bottom..she still has to eat her cecals....catch 22 situation.

Infectious oocytes are not passed in cecal poos, just fecal poos :)

Scroll down to the very last paragraph entitled 'Transmission'

http://wildlife1.wildlifeinformation.org/S/00dis/Parasitic/Coccidiosis_Hedgehog.html

Back