• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pledge a Pound February 2011 -IMPORTANT UPDATES POST 70 AND 75

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran

Thank you so much to everyone that donated during January - thanks to your generosity we hit a new record of £300 with 4 rescues each receiving £75:D

Now how are we going to follow that;)

By now most of you will know that Pledge a pound was started in March last year, it’s aim was to highlight and help the lesser known rescues, especially the ones that receive very few donations or have no fundraisers organised for them on the forum.

How can you help? - All we ask is that you pledge a minimum of £1 a month you can send your donation via cheque or bank transfer (please pm me for details) or Paypal to pledgeapound@hotmail.co.uk (please send via gift with your forum name) you can also pay in advance if you prefer:D

Last year we were able to help 3 rescues a month, however, the amounts they received varied, as the donations can vary each month, so to try and make it a little fairer, I’ve spoken to Denise and we’ve decided to pay a set £75 each month, therefore, if we only raise £170 in the month, 2 rescues will each receive £75 with the remaining £20 being carried over to the following month (hope this makes sense:oops:).

If each of the rescues has received a donation before the end of the year, we would like to bank the money for the Christmas fundraiser so each rescue receives at least 2 payouts a year.

In addition we would like to have a special Easter pledge a pound – more details will follow;)

So again thank you to everyone that has been involved, remember donating £1 a month really does make a difference:D

I will update the thread with a weekly total, and the names of the people that have sent their pledges so far, please pm me if I’ve missed you off the list, I do sometimes forget to update this post:oops:

The monthly prize draw has been re-introduced from this month, so everyone that donates during February will have their names entered into a draw to win this lovely prize that was kindly donated by Kirsty (Kermit)

85688m_l.jpg

If you are unsure of any of the above or would like an email to remind you to pledge each month please contact either myself or Denise (Bunnyaddict) or search the previous threads under my user name:D

Gifts received so far from:

AbbyMarySmokey
Antigone
Beki
Becki20
Biscandmatt1
Blackberry & Co
BobbleG
Boudicca
Bunlover
Bunnyaddict
Bunnybabe
Bunnybunny
Bunnymadhouse
Bunnymadlisa
Caerleon
camp Nibble
CarolineMM
Cherylwares
CRBevis
David T
Debster
Donnamt
Elaine
Elfmum
Floptastic
Foofy
Gem
Giantbunnymummy
Gillyflower
Grin
Halfpenny
Hanlou
Happybunny22000
Helgalush
Honey61
Honey's mum
Honeybunny
HorseyHolly
Hunnybunny2007
Hurricanhoney
Jack's Jane
Jaypot
Karenm
Kayj
Kermit
Kirsty&Lola
*Lily*
Liz1966
Loulabell
Minilop1
Minimallow
Minirex
Molly Joker
Nikki26
Orange
Pepperpot
Pol287
PomandRi
Rabswood
Rabbit April
Rhianna
RNGP
Sam_Spice
SDF76
Snowberry
Soad
Sundance123
Susieb1
Susie bun
Suzanne
Suzibunbun
Tiger_lily
Tracy
Tuckerbunnies
Vanessa B
Webbkath

There are now 27 rescues supported by PAP

Barnsley Animal Rescue
Bunnieburrows (Represented by Tuckerbunnies)
Bunny Hop Rescue
Brinsley Animal Rescue
Camp Nibble
Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue
Ebony-eyes
Fatfluffs
Furry Friends (Represented by Demons Soul)
Halfpenny
Honeybunnys
Jane's Rabbit Rescue - Warwick
Kirkby Pet welfare (Represented by Tracy)
Pixie Rabbit Rescue
RACR (Represented by Hopper)
RSPCA Walsall (Represented by Becky86)
Southampton Rabbit Rescue - (represented by CRBevis)
Sue's Rabbit Rescue
Tameside
The Rabbit Residence (Represented by Lib_n_bunny)
The Rabbit Retreat (Snowy)
Underhill Rescue
Wilford Rabbit Refuge

Unfortunately due to circumstances Rosie Rabbit Rescue has had to close her doors, this is very sad news and I hope that in the future she will be able to re-open and be part of Pledge a pound again.

Ark Animal Rescue (Represented by Bunnymadlisa) -January winner
Hopper Haven- January winner
RNGP Welfare- January winner
Windwhistle Warren - January winner

We are unable to accept any more requests from rescues to join Pledge a Pound this year.

One final thing, if a rescue closes or is no longer accepting new arrivals (not because they are full) then they will not be eligible to participate - we are sorry but we feel this is only fair to the remaining rescues that are actively running a rescue or sanctuary:cry:

Last edited:
Looks like February is off to another flying start with a total of

£57.41

and only 5 days into the month:D

Still a long way to go to try and catch up with last months total:D

Back