• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just thought i'd post a little picture of our puppy

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I have just got two minutes to myself so thought i'd post a little picture of her.

P.s my boyfriend has asked me to stop posting so much as i end up getting upset after i've been on here due to the nature of some of the things that get said.

Anyways i'm sneaking on to post a picture of my little girl :)

Last edited:
Aww thanks. Noone upset me. I just got abit agitated about some of the threads, not upset, but was kind of taking it out on my other half abit and he's suffered so i said I'd come off the forum. I'm quite a passionate person and i tend to follow my heart & dreams and am quite open with what i'm doing in my life, so my threads tend to get abit heated. I try not to let things bother me, but i'm only human so sometimes they do. I miss being on the forum more of the time :) I think i was getting abit addicted though,haha :) I am getting more time to get things done like the office etc and reorganizing the house. I'll come back on now and again, i'm just not going to get as involved emotionally or else i end up in turmoil at home :) I'm still going to be reading, just less posting :) xx

Aww thanks. Noone upset me. I just got abit agitated about some of the threads, not upset, but was kind of taking it out on my other half abit and he's suffered so i said I'd come off the forum. I'm quite a passionate person and i tend to follow my heart & dreams and am quite open with what i'm doing in my life, so my threads tend to get abit heated. I try not to let things bother me, but i'm only human so sometimes they do. I miss being on the forum more of the time :) I think i was getting abit addicted though,haha :) I am getting more time to get things done like the office etc and reorganizing the house. I'll come back on now and again, i'm just not going to get as involved emotionally or else i end up in turmoil at home :) I'm still going to be reading, just less posting :) xx

Fair enough, this place can get a little intense sometimes :roll::lol:

Congrats on your beautiful pup :wave:

Awwwwww. She's gonna be one big, mushy girl :love: :love:
Please keep us posted on her :D xx

Will do :) She is great to date. She is housetrained 90% with the odd accident. We have had abit chewing which we have sorted out with a spray and also a method of being disgusted at the object she is wanting to chew.

We are not playing any games with her like tug a war etc because of her breed, but we do play fetch which she enjoys. She loves sleeping in my other halfs office downstairs. She goes with him and is as good as gold, with me she is a little more cheeky, pulling on my wellies etc and generally gets abit more excitable. I am more active though and she is mirroring this.

Again because of her breed, we are practicing being very calm and gentle around her as she seems to be mirroring our own behaviors :) She is very very loving and we have both spent time snuggled up with her on the futon downstairs and i have a duvet in the living room infront of the tele where she likes to fall asleep with me. We don't let her upstairs though- we babygated this off and also downstairs even though we do take her down there.

I've just bought a new camera to take pictures of her development. She is 9 weeks old now. I'll post some picture when i get chance.

She coped with the 5 hour journey home and has since been to my sisters house where i stayed overnight and snuggled up with her on the floor in her pen in the living room. She is sleeping quite well. We both left her last night for the first time 100% without sneeking down and spending time with her and she let us sleep for 6 hours.

I was amazed to find my other half up and he took her downstairs to his office and slept of the futon for another four. It's quite a shock to the system i'm sure having no litter mates and her mum gone being in a house with 3 cats, bunny etc and it's really big here( we were scared at first, so i imagine she would be), so we have been maybe abit soft with her snuggling up at night to her abit more than we should. She is definately happy to settle on her own now which is good.

Anyways

Looks like Cassie will be keeping you on your toes :p :love:

Yep she is- i didn't realize a pup would be like having a baby. She does need 24/7 attention practically. I can't believe how well my boyfriend has taken to her. He is in love with her. He is taking her when i do the bunnies. I would have struggled to have a pup and all the bunnies without his help as she doesn't like being left alone even for me to do routine stuff like feeding and watering etc. It's nice to see how he is- hope he will be like this when we have a child some day.

I really appreciate his hours now- he is often up through the night and sleeps when he wants etc works when he wants. That combined with my flexible hours makes life easier. I don't understand how people working 9-5 have a puppy. I know people who have. I guess the pup ends up with difficulties if left for eight hours alone. I'd struggle to leave her for 15 minutes without her
getting upset. Even a part time job would be hard with a puppy. Anything where you leave the home.

Yep she is- i didn't realize a pup would be like having a baby. She does need 24/7 attention practically. I can't believe how well my boyfriend has taken to her. He is in love with her. He is taking her when i do the bunnies. I would have struggled to have a pup and all the bunnies without his help as she doesn't like being left alone even for me to do routine stuff like feeding and watering etc. It's nice to see how he is- hope he will be like this when we have a child some day.

I really appreciate his hours now- he is often up through the night and sleeps when he wants etc works when he wants. That combined with my flexible hours makes life easier. I don't understand how people working 9-5 have a puppy. I know people who have. I guess the pup ends up with difficulties if left for eight hours alone. I'd struggle to leave her for 15 minutes without her
getting upset. Even a part time job would be hard with a puppy. Anything where you leave the home.

Being with her 24hrs tho wont help her. I had a dog that idid that with and when he got to age 2 ish he was a nightmare chewing and wrecking my house! It took me ages to break him of it. IMO she needs to get used to being left a little bit. :)

Ah that reminds me - need to take that bubble wrap off the bottom, she was going to get that :) brb

Last edited:
Being with her 24hrs tho wont help her. I had a dog that idid that with and when he got to age 2 ish he was a nightmare chewing and wrecking my house! It took me ages to break him of it. IMO she needs to get used to being left a little bit. :)

Thanks. I will try this.

I tried for 15 minutes for the water bottles and she cried alot so i gave her to my other half for several hours to look after whilst i did my cleaning etc- She does get left at night for six hours and sleeps through. In the day though, she has one of our attention.

Although when she is downstairs my other half works on the computer and she just relaxes on the futon and sleep alot. She can't really get upto much mischief down there except chewing the futon. She seems to be alot more placid around him, perhaps because he is just sat still most of the time.

At my sisters we did go out to the shops and leave her in her playpen, she was asleep though, and i don't go to her if she crys- i leave her until she stops then go over after once she is quiet and tell her how good she is.

I also only reward her with praise when she is sitting down or being calm or doing anything desirable to us. Things like jumping up, i turn my back on her and stand perfectly still. I also try talking in disgust to items she wants and would other wise have prize envy about if i took them off her. It's a good job the walls here are four foot thick :)

So far she knows - outside ( for toliet), sit ( for food), come cassie, sleep sleep, ( i also put relaxing music on for her when we go to bed as she seems to prefer noisy environments rather than being alone and silent. She fell asleep with the TV on really loud too at one time. She also knows fetch which i say when i throw a ball and "bring it back" when i want her to bring it back. I think she has learnt quite alot.

I did have trouble with her tugging on my wellies where i have buckles and picking up items and rugs etc, but i've solved that by saying cassie " eugh or yuk- at the item she is giving attention too" She gets confused for a minute that i don't want it and then goes off to find something else that she's not allowed :)

She was also jumping up abit which i solved by turning my back on her and being silent. She is happy when i turn around and praise her for being sat down peacefully. I felt abit awful about all this at first- it all seems counter intuative as a way to respond to a dog that wants attention. It does work though. This is all stuff i've picked up from puppies for dummies and the perfect puppy book and another puppy book i've been reading.

Back