• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*faints* how much do you spend a year on your rabbits ?

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
haev been sitting adding up how much I have spent on the buns in hte past year & a bit ... & wow it is ALOT

roughly ..

£740 on vaccs a year :shock: (before prices were raised)
£520 on hay a year :shock: (not including treat hays)
£150 on food
£420 once everyone has been neutered :shock:
£500 on accomodation roughly & I am about to update it all which will be another £600-£700 :shock:

maybe £500+ on other vet fee's (anti-bs, emergancies etc)

mayeb I shoudl hand these statistics to anyone wanting a rabbit to let them no rabbits ARE NOT CHEAP :lol::lol:

I figured it out the other day! I think it's like:
£200 insurance
£420 on food

I am going to be purchasing a shed and building a bunny mansion later in the year however...I don't even want to know the cost of that.

I figured it out the other day! I think it's like:
£200 insurance
£420 on food

I am going to be purchasing a shed and building a bunny mansion later in the year however...I don't even want to know the cost of that.

ALOT!!! lol

Too much!! :lol:

Food is about - £70
Veg - £140
Hay - £95
Litter - £70

Then vaccinations, which are about £40

so abooout... £415

I am beginning to wish I hadn't looked now....... £3,582.38 & that is just in vet bills since July last year :shock::shock::shock:

I daren't add food, hay, toys & the new bunny house to the total.... don't think I'd come round again :lol:

I spent somewhere in the region of £100 last month on the buns which included some new toys and vaccs for one of the buns! I nearly died when I totalled it up. I have Tilly in for spay today and she'll need vaccs and I just adopted Alfie as well and he needs VHD. Best not to think about it :lol:

I don't want to know, and I only have two!
Vet bills push mine up a bit cause Pipkin needs a dental every 3-6 months and he got an infection over Christmas and last year had some trouble with his weight. :roll:

so far id would say about £200 since i got him.

£50.00 worth of food and shavings.
another £50.00 for neutering.
another £75.00 for the pen there is about 3 sets there.
the rest was probably spent on toys.

i probably have spent a bit more than £200 but not much.

£720 on insurance

£500 on hay

£200 on toys

£120 on pellets

£350 on housing

£500 on vaccinations

£600 on spays/neuters

£50 on medicines

£500 on vet bills

Last year, about...

£160 on vaccinations
£180 on spays and neuters
£120 on treats and toys
£100 on accomodation
£15 on Mischief's teeth

Probably missed something too!

£575 altogther and I'm 14 :shock: Thankfully my parents buy food,hay and bedding. :)

Last edited:
I would be too scared to sit down and work it out... but if the bf asked, I would say something like £200 for food and vaccs and get away with it because he doesnt have a clue ;)

Easily 2k at least. Lola cost us £700 in 6 days :lol:. Oh well, they mean everything; always have the moto, money can never buy me the happiness that my little ones do, so I'd much rather spend a fortune on them. I don't hav insurance, but I cope. Besides Lola's a dental monkey and all!

Back