• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving outdoors spring

wales1000

Young Bun
hi, sorry i dont say much on the forum - i am usually busy with my young baby or sorting the animals out - anyway i am looking to relocate the rabbits to outdoors when spring arrives - they are currently in an enclosure of 8 ft by 4 ft, but they share the spare room with my guinea pigs and now the rabbits have started destroying my floor boards - have tried carpets, vinyl, other things, but they really need to go outdoors and i am hoping to give them a lot more space outdoors - i think it would be best to make an aviary type home so i can walk into it - having look around and my DIY skills are good - is it going to be hard / expensive for me to try and build something big for them like this? thanks natasha

not to worry have seen someone on here and some pics and prices, but too expensive for me, so will have to think of something else

may be not as expensive as you think if get the panels for aivary from ebay or other, or if you bulild yourself wil lsave a lot of money how about opting for a shed with an attatched large run and you can bunny proof the garden and let them out free range to othen? you can sit in the shed with them and cleaning is easy too? x

may be not as expensive as you think if get the panels for aivary from ebay or other, or if you bulild yourself wil lsave a lot of money how about opting for a shed with an attatched large run and you can bunny proof the garden and let them out free range to othen? you can sit in the shed with them and cleaning is easy too? x

thanks for your reply - unfortunately they cant have free run of the garden with the cat and we seem to get next doors in the garden too! i will look on ebay to see about the panels - there are a few playhouses on ebay really cheap, but pick up only which is a real shame as i thought i could build something onto it - i will have a proper look tomorrow, thanks.

Back