• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Today after speaking to my vet I took the plunge and introduced Elliot to Harper although they have met before I bought them into neutral territory and kept them in for over a hour. Then I let them outside to run around and there was fur pulling on Elliots part however no biting or any nasties. Does this sound good? They are both in their new hutch and so far everything is good is it likely to stay that way. I don't want them to fall out.
132246130.jpg

:love: They are beautiful :love:.. Yes Sally the bonding sounds like it's going well. Fur pulling is very normal when bonding, as long as there is no full on fights(locking onto each other) .

Sounds good, i would keep them in a confined space for a few days though, Are you able to keep an eye on them in the hutch? Things can sometimes change once they are comfortable with each other.
I think the easiest way is to set up a puppy pen for bonding where you can watch them for about a week, if they are happy in their hutch now though maybe leave them there but dont increase their space too soon.

The are gorgeous bunnies :love:

Sounds good, i would keep them in a confined space for a few days though, Are you able to keep an eye on them in the hutch? Things can sometimes change once they are comfortable with each other.
I think the easiest way is to set up a puppy pen for bonding where you can watch them for about a week, if they are happy in their hutch now though maybe leave them there but dont increase their space too soon.

The are gorgeous bunnies :love:

This.

They are completely gorgeous :D

They need to be fully supervised when together because at about 24-48 hours they are likely to mess about with their hierarchy again which can cause fights.

Its not advisable to move them different places or give them too much space to start with. Just a small, neutral area inside, for the first 48 hours, at least, is a good plan. Then whenever they go another 48 hours without any issues then increase the space a little bit more.

This.

They are completely gorgeous :D

They need to be fully supervised when together because at about 24-48 hours they are likely to mess about with their hierarchy again which can cause fights.

Its not advisable to move them different places or give them too much space to start with. Just a small, neutral area inside, for the first 48 hours, at least, is a good plan. Then whenever they go another 48 hours without any issues then increase the space a little bit more.

They are in a hutch I just checked them again and they are doing fine, both have eaten. I will of course keep a really close check on them. So far so good:D

Back