• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are these prices right/normal?

purple_x

Warren Scout
This year I changed vets as although the one I was going to was cheap the vets were **** and wouldn't handle the animals at all.

So I found out about a new vets this year and have only been there once as Syd had stopped eating, luckily nothing was wrong and I was just charged £20.

Anyway my new bun Pippin needs to have her 1st vaccs so I called today to ask about prices and I was told it will be.....
£35 for myxi
£25 for vhd
£75 - £85 for a spay.

Are these prices average?
They seem a little expensive to me.

ermmm i would say that sounds about average...some vets are a little cheaper...but they might not be as good

My vets charge £60 for a neuter and £25 for the two injections or £15 for one.

That sounds very expensive, although it does Vary a lot depending on where you live. I live in Lancashire and although I haven't had my buns vaccinated yet, Honey is getting spayed next week and that's about £50...

About the same as my vets charge, although I know vet prices in general do depend on the area.

There is a cheaper vet elsewhere here, but I will NOT go there due to them being :censored: with rabbits and rabbit health. I would rather pay the higher price to go to the rabbit-savvy vets.

My vets charge £14.50 per jab (and that is with a bunny vet I totally trust!). I would say the spay costs are about right.

I think my rabbits spay was £60 and that was including the pre-op check, the anitbiotics and the pain relief. Going in for VHD vacc this Saturday but I didn't ask how much, I assume it could be anything from £20-£30, I hope!

oooh cant remember spay cost exactly but think it was about £55

My vet charges:
£32.99 for myxi & VHD
Then for the 6 month myxi booster its £22.99 (which I think is quite expensive too really)

its at the dearer end for the vacs, my vets are too but I won't take my buns anywhere else even though I know I could get it done cheaper elsewhere and I'm not made of money but I've got a fab vet and I wouldn't trust them with anyone else :)

£16 per vac or £30 for VHD & myxi
£80 for spay, £60 for boys I think though they did have a half price offer on last month. I can get the vacs slightly cheaper from another vet

Get the vaccinations done somewhere cheaper but use the better place for real illness. Those vaccination prices are too high for one rabbit.

I was wondering about looking at getting the vaccs done at another vets that was a little cheaper.

If I get the vaccs done at one vets would the other vets be happy to do the spay. Or would they be a little peeved that I had gone elsewhere to get the vaccs done?

Oh and does anyone know of any rabbit savvy vets in the cambs/herts area? I live right in the middle of the 2.

Hello
Sounds on the high side for me, but it's worth it if a good vet and the other is rubbish.
I think I'm quite lucky, I have a rabbit vet near me and it's 16.99 each for vacs and I paid £60 something for Jenson's neuter (and microchip).

Back