• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Query regarding bonding

Hiya,

in the process of thinking of getting a wife for mylo and was wondering if it would be possible for a un-neutered female to be bonded with him (hes been neutered a while ago) easily? Or is it best to wait until the female has been neutered/spayed?

Thanks !

everyone will probably say wait until they are neutered, but I must admit Jessie has been bonded with Joe for a year now and she hasn't been done yet. (although she will be getting done as soon as the weather warms up)

It is best to have a female spayed to avoid uterine cancer later. If you bond them now then have her spayed later you will have to rebond again as she couldn't be put straight back in with a male after her op she would need at least 3 weeks recovery time to let internal and external wounds heal.

It is best to have a female spayed to avoid uterine cancer later. If you bond them now then have her spayed later you will have to rebond again as she couldn't be put straight back in with a male after her op she would need at least 3 weeks recovery time to let internal and external wounds heal.

I would definately get her spayed but just wondered if they needed to be done before going in with a male.

Depends if she becomes hormonal or not. If she does, she could annoy the life out of him and a fight could ensue. If bunnies have a full on fight, they can then hold grudges and may then never bond.

I'm not saying thats how it WILL happen, i'm saying, thats an eventuality to consider.

Personally, i'd wait until spayed.

If possible, a rescue bunny that was already spayed would be ideal :) One less thing for you to have to worry about.

Depends if she becomes hormonal or not. If she does, she could annoy the life out of him and a fight could ensue. If bunnies have a full on fight, they can then hold grudges and may then never bond.

I'm not saying thats how it WILL happen, i'm saying, thats an eventuality to consider.

Personally, i'd wait until spayed.

If possible, a rescue bunny that was already spayed would be ideal :) One less thing for you to have to worry about.

Thanks Graham, i will have a look through your threads as well about ginger and biscuit.

I have emailed a couple of rescues, one doesnt have any girls in :( will try some more

Thanks Graham, i will have a look through your threads as well about ginger and biscuit.

I have emailed a couple of rescues, one doesnt have any girls in :( will try some more

Are you looking for a particular type of doe?

Honeybunnies rehome nationally, along with a couple of other rescues. Might be worth emailing or PM'ing Jill (honeybunny on RU) as she has loads of bunsters in.

Are you looking for a particular type of doe?

Honeybunnies rehome nationally, along with a couple of other rescues. Might be worth emailing or PM'ing Jill (honeybunny on RU) as she has loads of bunsters in.

Not really, probably just a similar rabbit to mylo, so dwarf/mini lop. Don’t care about what they look like, just want them to get along and have friends.

I will send her a message, thanks.

I read your thread about B&G’s little tiff and it scared me a little cos id be so scared if they started fighting but have read it again and that’s good that they are getting on and are fine and I know when I see yours together, they are so cute!

Back