• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you get 4 buns to the vets together - carrier ideas?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Ok we have an impending vet visit tomorrow with 3 out of 4 going for vaccs. Ive managed to work it that I get 3-4 done at once otherwise im constantly travelling to the vets.
What do I put 4 in? I really want to put them in together as they hate being seperated now, I have 2 cabrio carriers from when they were pairs :roll: but I dont really want to take them in two pairs or am I being silly? They have been bonded 5 months so I still feel a bit :? to seperate them.

Last time I used a large cardboard box and I was lucky my OH was with me to help me (4 buns are very heavy) but it didnt feel very safe and the bottom was bulging.. He is able to help me tomorrow too but im trying to think for our next visit in April what can I get? Is there a cage on wheels or a large carrier?

I put them all in one big carrier. They can't move around too much but the car journey helps to keep their bond strong and they want to huddle anyway. We're never there long enough for it to be a problem, either.

Mine go in a small dog crate as it has a hangle on the top.....still heavy but atleast I have the reasurance there not going to break and fall to the floor in any other cariers Iv'e tried.

aw thanks for your ideas - I knew I could rely on you lot!!

kayleighjennifer that looks fab, its like a little pushchair :lol: I definetly will look like a mad bunny lady :lol:

attilathebun yes that was what I was thinking - can you fit 4 in comfortably? Yes I get the all going one down end trouble too :roll:

You cant fit them all in the cabrio??! :eek:

I think I could fit 8 Rimmis in mine!! :p

Hmm...... I can only suggest a dog carrier perhaps? :shock: Goodness me!

I bought one of the big atlas one when i was attempting a 4some - I then had to take it back for a refund :(

:( i could have bought it off you, was it nice? big enough for your 4? Yours a roughly the same size as mine I think x

Yeah it was plenty big enough, not that they ever got to use it :lol: Could have probably fitted more than 4 in it

I imagine it would be quite heavy to carry with 4 buns in there, so may be worth investing in the wheels to pull it along as they dont come included

Back