• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

checkup at the vets today for scooter (neutering)

shadow05

Mama Doe
gotta take scooter to the vets today will find out if every things going okay down there cause i havent been able to check ive not seen any blood so i guess thats good. he seems quite happy now. he doesn't know where going on a bus ride yet. Im abit worried about the weather but for the most paty of it hes gonna be on a bus or in the vets so i think hell be okay, but i want him to be as comfortable as possible.

i was also wondering is it normal for his behaviour to be changing already?

i think im gonna but him a new carrier when i get the chance the one he has is quite rubbish. lets a lot of cold air in gonna see if i can get something that will help keep him warm.

You will likely see a few behaviour changes as his hormones die down, but what exactly are they?

He should be fine in a carry case, just put some hay etc in with him to keep him warm.

Hope everything goes well at the vets.

George was much quieter and less mischeivous for the week or so following the op, but I put this down to the stress of it. I think it took a month or so for things to level out - he got back to being a little furry ball of energy but without the hormones! Do let us know what the behaviour changes in Scooter are :)

You will likely see a few behaviour changes as his hormones die down, but what exactly are they?

He should be fine in a carry case, just put some hay etc in with him to keep him warm.

well for one hes not sprayed on me for quite so time dont know if this is because ive not been handling as much i still sit in cage with him. hes stopped biting the bars in the morning only does it when he sees im getting up.

im not sure about everything else he seems different hes less annoying than he use to be for sure.

it just weird.

hes back from the vets they said his stitch's are perfect very clean they dont look like hes touched them at all. he got scared at the vets again so i took advantage of it to give him a big hug lol im beginning to think i should take him regularly so i can handle him lol

hes back in his home settling back in now he was frezzing when i braught him home so sat down stairs in the warmest room in the house while he sat on my lap which is another weird thing for him. he kept hiding his head though.

I'm hoping for a cuddle when Spenser has his teeth checked at the vet tomorrow. Don't get many - it's about three weeks since he last let me pick him up.

That's great news! I'm glad Scooter's being such a good boy with his stitches. Hopefully he'll really start to calm down now over the next few weeks. :)

the vet was telling me that he might in a few weeks change completely or he might just stay the sod he is. or there might a little change.

im hoping he changes completey but not getting my hopes up though lol

Back