• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stupid woman at work...

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Well after my fox problem i decided to beg my parents to let me have them inside and they eventually accepted, after they saw how good Lexi was with them... So they have a indoor cage in my bedroom but are free ranging most of the day now. :D

This woman at work asked me how they was so i told her the whole story of the foxes round the hutch every night e.t.c... and she had the cheek to say, well the foxes are just hungry they just want to eat them :roll: i was like, well yes i gathered that :lol:

Then she said that i am cruel keeping them inside they should be outside with the fresh air not inside, its not natural to keep them inside and that they are probably suffering inside :roll: i just do not have the energy to get into an arguement with her :(

So its ok for them to be ripped apart by a fox but not ok for them to be inside where it is safe :?

Then she said you can buy some more rabbits anyway if the fox did get yours, the foxes are just hungry and they are just rabbits :censored::evil:

:shock:

Feed her to the fox :evil:

Its not cruel to keep rabbits indoors, Just ignore her, she obviously doesnt know anything about rabbits :roll:

Evidently someone who engages the mouth before the brain and someone who has NO idea. I bet she doesn't have any pets.

Try and ignore her the best you can.

How would she like a serial killer to be stood by her window every night! Tut tut!

I like to think of buns being outside, however it's not always the best option. ;)

yeah this is coming from the same woman who said reptiles don't need the heat lamps on the tanks, just stick them in the shed all year round like people used to in the 60's :censored:

:shock:

Feed her to the fox :evil:

Its not cruel to keep rabbits indoors, Just ignore her, she obviously doesnt know anything about rabbits :roll:

^^^ This. :thumb:

You've done what you think is best for the buns and that's the main thing. You only want thier safety. x

No she doesnt have pets, she has a cat who visits her everyday who she throws out and doesnt understand why he keep coming back,,, erm maybe because you feed him every day :roll::lol:

I do wish people would keep their opinions to themselves! I find it very rare to find anyone who understands our love for rabbits away from RU and the rescue community. Don't take any notice of her, it's ignorance, not that that is really any excuse!:evil:

Does she also think its cruel to keep a dog or cat indoors? :roll:

And just a rabbit?! Where do people get off? Why would you bother getting something if you felt it was 'just' a disposable creature. Horrible horrible person.

ignorant:censored: 3 years ago when my 20 year old cat died my old boss ordered me to work and said it's only a :censored:cat she was moved from the house i work in

Take no notice of the silly :censored:

About 18 months ago one of my rabbits died, I was heart broken but had to go into work.There was a woman who said "ooh at least you can have rabbit pie"

I told my friends and no-one spoke to her for weeks :D

Not just people at work. Most of my relatives think I have gone loopy because I spend time with my rabbits and have spent a fortune on spacious housing, toys and food for them. The usual comments are 'when we had rabbits they lived in a wee hutch in the back garden and we fed them on tea leaves'. Aaaargh!

The usual comments are 'when we had rabbits they lived in a wee hutch in the back garden and we fed them on tea leaves'. Aaaargh!

Oh my horrid aunt said that exact same thing the other day. I just had to point that out lol.

More to the point though, Ignore that person. She's clearly talking rubbish and kinda makes me wish it was legal to toss her a good distance away from your garden to keep the foxes well away.

Then again....after eating her they'd probably have indigestion...as Irritating as foxes are I wouldn't wish that one anything. :p

:lol: great posts, thanks everyone! :D

I just can not understand how people can justify letting another animal eat your pets becuase they are hungry :shock: WTF!!!

My rabbits are 8 years old now, so im afraid there saftey comes before a fox however hungry it is :)

"just a rabbit", well she's "just a waste of oxygen" then isnt she. Dont feed her to the poor fox, it'll poison it :lol:

Back