• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some vids/ pics from the show :)

vee-jay

Mama Doe
Right well, it has taken me a while to get all the footage that was taken at the show of the jumping.

anyway...
I had a great time :) Got to meet up again with some lovely people and thier bunnies, and also met alot of new people.
Rowan took part in the jumping along side the swedish jumpers this year! they were very good. My wee boy did me proud as allways, even having a wee go at some of the bigger jumps.
There was a rescue stall (http://www.odieswarrenforrabbits.co.uk/) there doing cartoon pictures of bunnies so I asked if they could do one of Row.
Rowan4.jpg

I love it!:love:

so some pics /vids

Jasper
IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

Russel
IMG_2196.jpg

Harry

Rowan
IMG_2197.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/Elmbankrabbits?feature=mhum#p/a/f/2/pfYr1M-CXBo
Phoenix
IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

Harley

some swedish buns
IMG_2185-1.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

a website with some more clips :)
http://www.petcompare.com/page.asp?article=68

Last edited:
Thank you :)
the arena wasent actually that dark lol, just the way the lighting was affected the picture

Well finally managed to biuld the new jump I bought at the show :)
I quite like it as it has plastic poles witch sit in proper holders and also can be a high jump or a long jump.
IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

and Demi you were right, alot easier putting on the brackets first before the feet:lol:

Looks great :D I think I'm going to buy the straight karlie jump at some point, it's a shame they don't make more different types

Looks great :D I think I'm going to buy the straight karlie jump at some point, it's a shame they don't make more different types

thanks :) one bit of wood is a bit bent, but not too bad. Is the straight one wood aswell?
See if they sold the proper jumps like from sweden I would buy them (even tho they are a rediculus amount lol) as its the postage that is the main problem. Even in Sweden they only seem to have a select few (from that one place...:lol: they must be making alot), i mean i have seen all those jumps they had there before.

How do you start jump training? I would like to try mine with that. They would do anything for food so I should be able to obtain some results :lol:

How do you start jump training? I would like to try mine with that. They would do anything for food so I should be able to obtain some results :lol:

You should get your rabbit used to wearing a harness before you start to jump.
Once your rabbit is happy with you and with a harness, you can start to jump them. You will need to set up a small course of at least two jumps in an area the rabbit is familiar with. To start with, you don't want to put the bars higher than 10cm. Some people even start with the bars just laying on the floor.
When your course is ready, put your rabbit in its harness and sit them just before the first jump. This is where you have to encourage them over if they do not go forwards naturally. To encourage them, first try gently tapping their rump or hind legs. If they don't respond, try tickling their stomach or chest, some rabbits are sensitive here and should move. Should that fail then gently lift the rabbit over the jump. If the rabbit tries to go round the jump or go backwards on the course, take them back to their previous position. When they have finished the course, praise them, and give them a short rest. When the rabbit is ready for another go, go back to the point where you first started, otherwise the rabbit will go over the course then turn and go back. Make sure you stay behind the rabbit when jumping, don't stand above them as they're likely to stop.
You should have short training sessions to start with and only have a few a week, so the rabbit does not get bored. When the rabbit is comfortable doing a small course of low jumps, don't increase the height of the jumps straight away, instead add more low jumps so they get used to completing a longer course. Once they're happy with this, then you can very gradually increase the height.

The RJUK site is being redone at the moment, but this is the info that is to be put up there (written by Demi...not me:lol:...am too lazy)

The above article is still being edited by the way :lol: There's a bit more I need to add, and I've done some seperate articles on harnesses and jumps :wave: They should be done tommorow if anyone wants them, and I'll open the training page on the new website to the public

Back