• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing Question also FAO susie bun and spencer

is 2sq ft worth an extra £60?

• yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Is it really worth paying an extra £60 for 4sq feet of space (thats 2ftx2ft for anyone who doesnt do sqfeet - no offence intended)

I was going to buy a play house, but im not sure its worth it now since i can only afford a 4x4 one. So wouldnt i just be better off getting a good quality 6ft hutch to attach to my 6x4 run? :?

What are some of the best hutch makers on the net? I was thinking about going for a happy hutch, but asking for proper bolts to be attached instead of the plastic catches.

Also susie bun what make is spencers hutch? :love:

ETA: POLL SAYS 2SQ FT, I MEANT 4!! :roll:

Last edited:
I'd shop around for some deals as I believe some people got a playhouse for about £89.00 from B & Q last year I think and you could still attach you run. My foster bun lives in a hutch run combo and I wish I bought a small playhouse as it would have been much more practical.

Yep, Spenser resides in a Rydedale with a made to measure cover - Susie Bun's working tonight, I think :wave:

I thought it was, lucky bunster! I cant afford a ryedale :( I dont see why they have to go out anyway, Dollys only ruined a weeny bit of the carpet, and now she has her carpet sample shes behaving herself so far :lol:...besides, you cant and never will see it. :roll:

I'd shop around for some deals as I believe some people got a playhouse for about £89.00 from B & Q last year I think and you could still attach you run. My foster bun lives in a hutch run combo and I wish I bought a small playhouse as it would have been much more practical.

I guess ill go for a playhouse then. It would be nice to sit in there with them if its raining, and they have far too many bunny furnishings to fit into a hutch. :lol: I just hope i can save up enough!

Last edited:
Ryedales are expensive but they are solid, and the man will build to your spec, so you get what you want. They are very heavy though and you have to wait for delivery which was around four weeks for mine.

I voted yes because the difference between a 4x4 wendy and a 6x2 hutch is huge. In a wendy you can add shelves, steps and ramps etc and there is space for toys, tunnels, beds, litter trays etc - see http://photobucket.com/bunningham_palace

If the weather is bad there are lots more spaces to do things in an opportunities for you to entertain them or for them to entertain themselves inside the house. I have one of those wooden boxes that attach to the zooplus runs as a step now, and its strong enough to sit on, so you can sit out there with them too!

I voted yes because the difference between a 4x4 wendy and a 6x2 hutch is huge. In a wendy you can add shelves, steps and ramps etc and there is space for toys, tunnels, beds, litter trays etc - see http://photobucket.com/bunningham_palace

If the weather is bad there are lots more spaces to do things in an opportunities for you to entertain them or for them to entertain themselves inside the house. I have one of those wooden boxes that attach to the zooplus runs as a step now, and its strong enough to sit on, so you can sit out there with them too!

Thanks Vikki :D

I think im going to go for a playhouse, they have come indoors partly because i really struggle in winter, so being able to get in the house with them would be so much more practical. :)

and less of my things will get destroyed!!! :evil: Marley has just eaten one of my handbags as i was typing!! :evil: :roll:

I would say yes. You can add shelves to a playhouse to create more space. Its also more than worth it when it comes to cleaning out in the winter

I would say yes. You can add shelves to a playhouse to create more space. Its also more than worth it when it comes to cleaning out in the winter

Exactly. My Aunty still has hers for sale, I'm sure she will drop the price, as they are getting a bit desperate for the space now spring is fast approaching. It is inbetween at 5ftx4ft

Back