• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH wants to know what my "solution" is to stop the buns digging up the garden

Candiflare

Mama Doe
OH wants to know what my "solution" is to stop the buns digging up the garden

:roll:

he treats it like a business meeting.

Regarding: The rabbits digging holes in the garden

OH: i'm anxious to move this forward to a solution - how can we prevent the garden being full of potholes?

Me: We can't, it's their instinct.

OH: But they're completely ruining the garden.

Me: When we move we can lay the lawn again. I'll pay for it.

OH: But there must be a solution.

Me: What?

OH: Don't let them touch a blade of grass

Me: But that's the most natural habitat for them

OH: All I want is a solution. I want you to tell me it won't happen anymore...

ON AND ON IT GOES :roll:

Solution-

OH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Front Door

Simples :D

simples.bmp

The only 'solution' is to chase them away every time they dig, and that isnt likely now is it?? Men! :roll:

You could negatively reinforce their digging, with a squirt bottle, a noise etc, but, as you said, its natural and would take a long time to change.

BTW.... I dont support 'punishing' bunnies.... but I do clap my hands if the buns are doing something negative, like throwing my laptop on the floor :roll: to distract them.

Don't let him the the garden. If he does venture there tell him to keep his eyes closed. Put a crash helmet on him back to front.:lol:

Don't let him the the garden. If he does venture there tell him to keep his eyes closed. Put a crash helmet on him back to front.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im waiting till summer comes & ours get free range....:lol::lol::lol:...but hey what can you do - bunnies dig & they love it & it takes 2 seconds for a burrow to be made!:lol::lol::lol:

He must have his good points Kate, but he does sound hard work. He would have to have valium if you got a dog - particularly if he was a digger.

He must have his good points Kate, but he does sound hard work. He would have to have valium if you got a dog - particularly if he was a digger.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine?

I remember my mates lawn got shredded when we went over with our jack russell because they tore about after each other (and the lawn was soft... from rain !)

tell him it could be worse..... a family of moles could move in :lol:

OR you could offer to make them house buns to save the lawn :p

he does have his good points, but he's SO poofy about the house and garden. Maybe he's gay? He wouldn't be my first gay boyfriend!

Do you have room for a sandpit? You could put a mixture of earth and sand in it, mix in some pellets and they'll be rewarded with food for digging in the right place. Otherwise I think OH has to go. Lots of good suggestions above lol!!

Back