• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch size for 2 medium rabbits

stranger23

Mama Doe
Ok im looking at getting everything perfect for by boy so i can get him bonded with a lovely girl, he is currently only in a small hutch that i had spare as his old one that i was given when i got him was falling apart and i thought being in a clean warm hutch over winter was better than having a long holey rotting one, so i was going to convert my 2ft long double hutch into a double story one and attach a run to the bottom so he would have 2 levels of warm dry hutch and access to a run all the time, but now ive convinced OH to let me get him neutered and get him a girlfriend so i know that the 2 foot long double story hutch isnt going to be big enough (is it?) i have been given a 3ft long hutch so im wondering if i attach the 3ft long one to the bottom section of the 2 ft long one and attach a run to the bottom still will that be big enough? they would then have the very top level as a very warm bed with blankets and things to keep them cosy and the next level down will be space to run about in the hutch and food and water etc then down another level to the run does that sound ok? im pretty handy and can make almost anything from what i have lying around so im sure i can safely secure the 2 hutches together and seal them up so they wont leak

Minimum for a pair is a 6ftx2ftx2ft hutch and if outdoors an attached run of 6ftx4ft that's high enough for binkies

so no my 5ft by 2ft with a 6 by 4 run wont be big enough getting roger a friend might have to wait then while i try and get a bigger hutch and run built for him

Back