• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I buy apple twigs?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Hello :wave: Somebody gave me some apple twigs for my rabbits and I didn't think they'd be that keen on them as Beano isn't really interested in that sort of thing but I tried them and they absolutely love them! Beano and Gordon were both knawing away as soon as I give them them! :) I was just wondering where can I buy some for them from? I don't have any here where I can pick them. Also are they good to give them? :)

Don't know where you can get them from, but if you find out can you let me know?

Mine love them too, they are good for them apparently, it helps keep their teeth trim and stops them getting bored (stopped mine gnawing the hutch as well!!)

Hello :wave: Somebody gave me some apple twigs for my rabbits and I didn't think they'd be that keen on them as Beano isn't really interested in that sort of thing but I tried them and they absolutely love them! Beano and Gordon were both knawing away as soon as I give them them! :) I was just wondering where can I buy some for them from? I don't have any here where I can pick them. Also are they good to give them? :)

Ask around & see if any neighbours, friends or family have an apple (or pear) tree you can prune :wave: We raised £270 for Honeybunnies last year selling apple sticks on here but sadly they've all gone now :(

Thankyou everyone :) Will see if I can get them some more. I was surprised to see them occupied with the something for that long! :)

If you have any gardens nearby eg big public ones they might give you the prunings or sell them for cheap - or you could put an add in the local paper asking if any has some spare. You can buy them from pet shops but they're super expensive :shock: This is tree pruning season so a good time to ask around :wave:

I have been selling them since around September/October to raise funds for Hopper Haven, but my 12 buns had a "crisis meeting" last week when they saw the dwindling supplies, and have put a ban on me selling any more:lol::lol:

All my buns absolutely love apple sticks and the dried leaves, and they've been having 2-3 branches a week for each pair. They will choose them over any other food.

After they've been cut from the tree they last about 4-5 months (if kept cool) before they start to go dry and hard, and then the buns don't like them.

My buns dont mind fresh or dried apple leaves & branches....and def choose them over any other foods too!:lol::love:

I'm in Abbots Langly just outside Watford in Hertfordshire and I have a mini-mountain of them in my garden as I had a tree pruned last week, so if anyone would like to collect some as they pass through they are very welcome :wave:

I'm in Abbots Langly just outside Watford in Hertfordshire and I have a mini-mountain of them in my garden as I had a tree pruned last week, so if anyone would like to collect some as they pass through they are very welcome :wave:

A shame I don't live near you, good for anyone that does though :)

Hi Liz :wave:

I put a "Wanted" ad on freecycle last night for apple or pear trees to prune and I've had 7 replies already :shock::D

2 are in my village :D:D & another 2 are only 6 miles away in the town where I do most of my shopping so I can easily combine a visit.

I know it's a bit different for you as you'd have to have somewhere within walking distance or not too far to ask your mum or dad to take you & you probably can't prune any trees yourself but maybe you could say something like:

Wanted: any apple or pear tree prunings (small branches or twigs) for my rescue rabbit and guinea pigs. Happy to collect locally :D

:wave:

Hi Liz :wave:

I put a "Wanted" ad on freecycle last night for apple or pear trees to prune and I've had 7 replies already :shock::D

2 are in my village :D:D & another 2 are only 6 miles away in the town where I do most of my shopping so I can easily combine a visit.

I know it's a bit different for you as you'd have to have somewhere within walking distance or not too far to ask your mum or dad to take you & you probably can't prune any trees yourself but maybe you could say something like:

Wanted: any apple or pear tree prunings (small branches or twigs) for my rescue rabbit and guinea pigs. Happy to collect locally :D

:wave:

Planning on selling any of these Fluffers? ;)

If you pm me your address I will send you some, I have a large apple tree in my garden:wave:

Just back from snipping the first "freecycle" tree.

The prunings are currently in the Quality Control department and thoroughly tested.....:lol:

I know, but B&G dont have high standards, they just love apple leaves and twigs :lol:

:lol:

I have several trees to "inspect" over the course of the next week. I am concerned that I will run out of time but I shall do my very best to chop as much as possible as soon as possible and quality of prunings permitting, offer some for sale on here again :wave:

Back