• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescue centres near northampton

stranger23

Mama Doe
can anyone tell me any rehoming centres near northamptonshire please, im going to get roger neutered soon so im looking to get him a girlfriend as he has always lived on his own and i want him to know the love of another bunny, he is very shy so im looking for a rehoming centre that can bond him for me the only time he has experienced other rabbits is when he was mated by the previous owners i dont mind traveling a bit (say up to 15 miles) to find him a loving friend :)

Thank you i have that one up already and there is a couple of suitable girls on there but by the time he is neutered and recovered they might not be so i was wondering if there are any more about?

Ah yes that one we wont go there either went there to get guinea pigs rang up in the morning said we were coming at 12 to see them and hopefully get one as our other guinea is blind and likes to follow to find the food bowl and hay rack when we got there they told us that the person who knew about the guinea pigs had just left they didnt know how much one would be or which were the males or females, we also when there looking for rats and the same thing happened its not like they didnt know we were coming and its easy to leave so info with the other workers if the person who knows has to leave. We decided not to go there again which is why i was asking for other places that i didnt know about :)

Animals in Need in Northampton took in 14 of the Lymington large rescue for us. Fantastic rescue.

As for the other rescue, it has 80 rabbits needing homes and is run by volunteers. Perhaps they were struggling on the day you went to visit.

i think they probably do a fantastic job but on the two separate times i have been they have been less than helpful, everyone we spoke to didnt know much about the animals were or even which ones where which sex, if we hadnt had rang up both times asking for info on a specific animal and gender and said we would be there as soon as it opened then i would have understood but it just doesnt seem very great that even tho they knew we were coming they couldnt even tell us which animals it was we were there to see and although its a charity and i understand a lot of the workers are volunteers they will find it very hard to rehome animals if when you go to view them your left standing in the rain waiting for someone who knows the animals better to find that they have gone home

Animals in Need in Northampton took in 14 of the Lymington large rescue for us. Fantastic rescue.

As for the other rescue, it has 80 rabbits needing homes and is run by volunteers. Perhaps they were struggling on the day you went to visit.

I definitely wasn't a one off, Steve and I left there in tears, conditions and the treatment of animals was just awful . Thankfully the rabbit we took managed to survive but the vet said left as she was she would have died a slow painful death. Other members have visited too and had similar experiences :(

Thank you clutterydrawer :) i had forgotten that one i knew there was another one :) any more people maybe some a little further out?

Back