• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anybody help build a rabbit run

hugapug

New Kit
Hi does anybody know anyone that can build a fixed rabbit run, its so I can get my rescue bunny home asap, Ive had a go myself but its rubbish lol, please help.

big enough

Hi, I dont think they would be big enough, there runs at the moment are 10ft by 4ft & about 3ft high & I need them redoing :)

Hi does anybody know anyone that can build a fixed rabbit run, its so I can get my rescue bunny home asap, Ive had a go myself but its rubbish lol, please help.

Hi there, my husband designs and builds all of my hutches. He also makes them for some of my customers.

Extremely robust, long lasting and with a 10 year guarantee.

He can make it to whatever your specifications are.

He made a hutch with run for Alice at Windwhistle Warren just over a year ago.

Why not pm me and see if he can help out.

Meant to say that he has lots of good unusual ideas which can be incorporated into the design. He makes everything from scratch, no flat packs. He is a builder by trade and loves making runs, hutches in his spare time.

They may not be the cheapest but, they are solid and secure.

Can't have him sat around doing nothing can we? :lol:

Hi,:wave:

Im looking for a run too, im waiting to bring home 2 beautiful rescue bunnies. Im getting a 5 by 4 playhouse and have the room for a 5ftby4ft run but im looking for one with an apex roof rather than flat so i can put some felt on the roof so the play area can stay dry. ive seen some on ebay but they are just under 3 ft deep and just under 5ft long so i need it to be a little bit bigger as i am aware its not as big as desired.
I would have a go myself as im a builder and carpenters daughters but im not sure how to cut the angles of wood for the apex, i live in worcester so am not far from you bunnykins;) what sort of prices when you say not cheap and would your husband be happy to do a run withan apex roof? where abouts in worcestershire are you?

Hi,:wave:

Im looking for a run too, im waiting to bring home 2 beautiful rescue bunnies. Im getting a 5 by 4 playhouse and have the room for a 5ftby4ft run but im looking for one with an apex roof rather than flat so i can put some felt on the roof so the play area can stay dry. ive seen some on ebay but they are just under 3 ft deep and just under 5ft long so i need it to be a little bit bigger as i am aware its not as big as desired.
I would have a go myself as im a builder and carpenters daughters but im not sure how to cut the angles of wood for the apex, i live in worcester so am not far from you bunnykins;) what sort of prices when you say not cheap and would your husband be happy to do a run withan apex roof? where abouts in worcestershire are you?

Hi there, whatever you want building he is happy to do. He loves new ideas and challenges. I mean where hutches and runs are involved.!!!!:oops:

I find it best for people to contact him direct and have a mull over a few ideas. He is not computer literate. :shock:

Why not pm me and see what we can sort out.

thanks

thanks guys for the replies, just doing my homework & getting different quotes, & Im off to wickes today to see if its possible to do myself, if not Im defo gonna pm you to see what yor hubby will quote, Ive been quoted £!* a panel so far. The things we do for our bunnies hey :D

This thread has started me thinking ...:lol: ...
I'm now considering buying a large run for the grass for the summer - how big would you think I can go and it be able to withstand being moved around regularly?

started to build

Well we,ve started attempt the build of the run ourselves, the base is there already, just the tops to do, fingers crossed they fit lol :p

I have built a run for our two Nethies. It was pretty easy to do - you just need to find a cheap source for the wire. Wire panels are better as you don't have to cut them and have sharp edges. Wickes do them but they are quite expensive. I have misplaced my camera or I would put a pic in.

Cheaper alternative is to get a roll of wire mesh like this:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Str...+Mesh+6m+900mm+wide+x+25mm/d210/sd2797/p52429

If you use a timber merchant instead of B and Q, the wood will be quite cheap too. Just screw the wood together and hammer staples in to hold down the wire. I use strong velcro garden ties at the corner as I want to be able to move them around and lie the panels flat sometimes. You could screw them together if the run is permanent.

Back