• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broken litter tray, is this okay as an alternative?!

crazyames

Warren Scout
Well I was a bit rough getting my litter tray out of the wooden clips we have in his hutch and split the plastic. :s It took me ages to find one the perfect size as Frank chose the gap between the side door and the ramp as his toilet because he likes to be awkward like that. -_-

Anyway, I checked all the shops in my area and none of them have what I'm looking for so my mum suggested using an unused paint roller tray we have in the tool shed until I find something better.

like this one:
http://www.housefixer.co.uk/photo/dulux-perfect-cover-range.214.jpg

It's exactly the same size as the old litter tray but I'm not sure if the plastic is poisonous or if it's just unsuitable. :/

not sure i'd want to use it. They are about the same size as a regular shallow cat litter tray i think, could you not get one of those? Asda/Tesco/Wilkos sell them for like £2.50.

I don't see why the plastic would be any more poisonous than a litter tray, it might not be quite as thick thats all, but then again cheapo litter trays aren't overly thick either as I discovered.

if its the correct size and is just a stop gap until you can get a replacement tray from where you got the broken one from then i would have thought it was ok.

The only downside i can think of is theres the dip where the roller goes so it might not be too comfy to sit in or he could maybe hurt his foot if it fell down if you know what i mean?

Hope you find a replacement one soon :wave:

I could only find medium and large sized ones. I'm not happy using it either to be honest lol. It needs to be 25cm across which is an awkward measurement. Why did I have to break it?!

I would be a little unsure about using it with it sloping, my two would not go near it.

Could you not take measurments of the old tray then go to asda, tesco or a pet shop with the measurments to ensure it fit.

What about a small storage box or one of the trays that hold plants which are in pots for ease of transport they are smaller than a cat littler tray.

Back