• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weighed The Bunnies - Results

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
I weighed the bunnies this morning for the first time myself :oops:
The result is... i have a couple of podgy bunnies :oops: :oops:

I got my mum to guess who was the heaviest down to who was the lightest, and she got them all right! :lol:

I am going to keep a record of their weights as i have reduced their pellets so that they eat more hay... hopefully some of their weights reduce too!

Results: Lightest - Heaviest :oops:

Fuzzy - 1.8kg
Toffee - 2.6kg
Daisy - 2.8kg
George - 3.2kg! :shock: :oops:

Fuzzy and Toffee seem the right weight for their body shape
Daisy could do with loosing a little and George needs to loose some too :shock: :oops: :lol: though George is a bigger bun than Toffee anyway...

Any other tips other than reducing pellets are welcome! :oops: :wave:

How often do you weigh your rabbits?

:shock: george, i remember him as baby, i think i need updated pics :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I done a thread not long ago called 'The Sausage bun' in the photo section.

But here are a couple of then and now photos :lol:

P3290217-1.jpg

P4010018.jpg

IMGP1000edit.jpg

IMGP1761edit.jpg

Awww. I thought George looked big from his photos. :love::love::love: (ETA: And I do mean big, as opposed to fat)

I used to weigh Alfie and Bubbles once every 2 to 4 weeks but, before last week, hadn't done it in about 6 mths.

It's good that you're going by body-size, rather than just weight, as that's the best way to tell. :thumb: Weighing Alfie last week was just to confirm my suspicion that he'd grown (out sideways :lol:) as he'd always been in good shape at 1.6kg.

The key to weight loss is to do it gradually so I would start with just reducing the pellets (and maybe a few less treats if they have a lot).

I'm hoping Alfie will drop a bit of weight once spring comes ..... how many calories does humping burn? :oops: :lol:

Awww. I thought George looked big from his photos. :love::love::love: (ETA: And I do mean big, as opposed to fat)

I used to weigh Alfie and Bubbles once every 2 to 4 weeks but, before last week, hadn't done it in about 6 mths.

It's good that you're going by body-size, rather than just weight, as that's the best way to tell. :thumb: Weighing Alfie last week was just to confirm my suspicion that he'd grown (out sideways :lol:) as he'd always been in good shape at 1.6kg.

The key to weight loss is to do it gradually so I would start with just reducing the pellets (and maybe a few less treats if they have a lot).

I'm hoping Alfie will drop a bit of weight once spring comes ..... how many calories does humping burn? :oops: :lol:

Thanks for replying, George is a bigger bun than the others, cant believe how much he has grown! He will be a 1yr old this month :shock: :love:

I know everybun is different which is why i look at the shape of their body instead of just relying on weight, because even though the boys are both dwarf lops, George is bigger.

I am hoping that once spring is here that their weight drops abit too, their winter fur must weigh abit aye ;) :lol:
Hopefully when the weather improves they will spend more time hopping around then just sitting, hiding somewhere :roll: :lol:

Im not sure how many calories humping burns... but its keeping Fuzzy in shape! :oops: :lol: She likes to hump daisy still.. :roll: :lol:

Awww, George is beautiful :love: I love his ears in the second pic!

How do you actually weigh your rabbits? I'm struggling to work out how to weigh Oscar because we only have pretty rubbish kitchen scales, and he doesn't sit still :roll:

Awww, George is beautiful :love: I love his ears in the second pic!

How do you actually weigh your rabbits? I'm struggling to work out how to weigh Oscar because we only have pretty rubbish kitchen scales, and he doesn't sit still :roll:

I use human scales :lol:
I weighed myself in kg, wrote it down on some paper then picked up each bun and weighed them with me and then subtracted my weight off of the results which gave me their weight... Hope i havent confused you :oops: :lol:

I use human scales :lol:
I weighed myself in kg, wrote it down on some paper then picked up each bun and weighed them with me and then subtracted my weight off of the results which gave me their weight... Hope i havent confused you :oops: :lol:

No I understand that, I don't have any human scales though :( Thanks anyway!

This might sound bad but for mine I got the biggest pan I own....put it on the kitchen scales so with pan it was on 0 and then put the bun in to weigh.....

Tbh mine just sit so may not work with a wriggler but worth a try!

Well if your bunnies arent very big then you could use kitchen scales :)
Or you could pick up some human scales the next time your out ;) not sure the cost of them, i guess it varies?

George was the only bun to forgive me right away after stealing cuddles on the scales :lol: Only because he wanted his breakfast! :lol:

George is :love:

George actually hopped up to me this evening! He was on the decking with Daisy and i opened the back door and called him and saying "Come on then" and he hopped over slowly... then stretched to reach my hand to see if i had anything for him, but i didnt so he hopped off :( :lol:

:love::love::love::love:

George actually hopped up to me this evening! He was on the decking with Daisy and i opened the back door and called him and saying "Come on then" and he hopped over slowly... then stretched to reach my hand to see if i had anything for him, but i didnt so he hopped off :( :lol:

It was close! He is getting braver :lol: He now lets me give him noserubs in the garden and doesnt aways hop away :love: :lol:
Toffee too sometimes lets me and Daisy enjoys her noserubs in the morning before being let out into the garden :lol: :love:

Just need to work on Fuzzy... Hmm ;) :lol:
But shes topbun and cant let her guard down ;)

Back