• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

funny enought before i took scooter to the vets to be neautered he was doing this. which isnt quite normally he scared me to bit when he tryed jumping onto my bin to try and get onto my bed. even though he failed and feel off the bin lol

Could you block off your bed?

Or, with your check of drawers put a board or something that goes up much higher so he doesn't see it as achievable?

It does sound a bit risky for him. :?

It's best to avoid these situations happening at all, so I would either move your bed away from the windowsill, or put something on the windowsill to stop him jumping on it, same with the chest. You could also fence it off, but a pile of cushions/pillows might work better. :)

I used to have occassions when I couldn't find Monti, a free ranging bunny in the day on our garden. I used to start to panic, go in the house to tell my parents and then he would appear from nowhere in the middle of the garden. It was only when we got talking to the neighbours one day that we found out he was managing to jump onto the walls of both sides of the garden...one wall being nearly 5 foot, the other much lower but only 1 brick width. He must had been hiding in the bushes that grow over each wall when I couldn't find him.

We had to move patio tables and everything into the middle of the garden lol.

I nick named him Indi after that, after Indiana Jones. When they say bunny proof your garden I'm not sure they cover that.

You may need to do some furniture manouvering and start putting things on the window sill etc to try and stop him.

I'm sure if you try a few things out you'll find something that works. :)

I'm just so pleased neither of mine are remotely interested in jumping onto anything more than the sofa, and even that only happens once in a blue moon by Poppy. :)

I'm sure if you try a few things out you'll find something that works. :)

I'm just so pleased neither of mine are remotely interested in jumping onto anything more than the sofa, and even that only happens once in a blue moon by Poppy. :)

:lol: What a good bun you have :lol:

It might be he's having trouble jumping back down because the windowsill and chest of drawers is too slippy a surface. Could you get a cheap mat and put some non slip stuff under it to stop it slipping on the sill etc

Lots of trial and error i'm afraid.

Biscuit now jumps from floor, to sofa, to top of dog crate within about 1/2 a second. Thats a good ~4ft in a short period of time. I don't want him up there, i've tried to block it with things, but he just pulls them out the way and goes up anyway. So now ive just had to make it 'safe' for him to go up there, or as safe as i can anyway.

Good Luck :wave:

Lol!! He sounds exactly like me Delly was.

I literally couldn't leave her alone really. She jumped onto the windowsill numerous amount of times. First time, I actually had the window open :shock: I quickly got her down safely though.

Her favourite place was my bed and ontop of my head. She also jumped onto the lamp from the bed and she jumped on my tv aswell.
She jumped on my chair full of clothes.
She jumped on my stool to pose.
She jumped in the basket where I keep hay and food, to pig out and tease Ogman.

She could jump anything so I couldn't make a pen to keep her safe.

She was the same from when she was 10 weeks old. I went in the room she was being kept in and there wasn't a Delila in the pen. She was fast asleep on the beanbag!!

005-11.jpg

Back