• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Pandora

Pandora7

Warren Scout
Sadly Pandora has to have her front teeth taken out again on Wednesday as three have come back :cry:

Even though I told the vet back in September I tought they were coming back as she had started a love affair with the run as she was biting the bars every so often.

And low and behold at the check up last night when they had their jabs they are back.

I hope they get them this time its not just the cost, but Pandora looked petrified last night in the vets. To the point were she jumped up to me and would not let me put her back in carrier.

I have had this exact same problem with Herbie. His teeth were initally taken out at the Rescue Vets when he was getting neutered. Then i got him and had him at home for a few months and i noticed this massive tusk starting to grow from below. I looked in his mouth and he had one tooth and a few peg teeth in. I got them burred for a few months, then he got the op to get them out again.

Unfortunately his peg teeth have started to grow back in AGAIN!!! So i am not going to put him through the op again, i am just going to get them burred. He is a pretty placid bunny and takes the burring in his stride.

He was a wee soul after his 2nd op, his mouth was so swollen, he looked so sore.

Mega teeth out vibes from Pandora, and a special (should be gummy) bunny kiss from Herbie.

Sadly this can happen with incisor tooth removal. The vet 'should' try and kill the stem cells at the base of the root by pressing down on them, after removing the tooth to prevent regrowth, but it is not always successful. However, I would want to use a very good rabbit-savy vet for this Op to make sure I had a vet that knew that this was an important part of the surgery and to stand the best chance of not having the incisors regrow again, as repeat ops isn't nice for your bun.

Good luck at the next op and lots of vibes x

Thankfuly I have a rabbit savy vet, any rabbit ops in the practice are done by her.

I think I have just been unlucky. She is rightly named Pandora and is living up to her name pour thing has been under GA four times in under a year.

I swear she sees the pet carrier and knows were she is going and does not like it one little bit.

Back