• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lump on Inca's back end - UPDATE: She has two abscesses!!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Going to Vets at 4.30pm, but any advice to go with would be good.......

I was cleaning Incas flower last night and i felt a lump on her back end. She is deformed, so doesnt have a tail, but if you could imagine where the tail would be, then the lump would be to the side of it.

It is about 15mm long and slightly less wide, just under the skin. Feels hardish, but not as hard as bone. It can slightly move about under the skin.

Any ideas.

Last edited:
Oh Gawd :(

No ideas Kermit, but i wanted to send my vibes, hopefully it'll just be a cyst and nothing more sinister.

Has she ever had infections or anything, from where the tail 'should' be?

She has had 'flower' problems, but nothing near the tail.

It is one thing after another with her!

Hard to guess really, could be normal, ligament, bony process or growth from deformation, or something like a cyst or abcess. I'd let your vet do the guess work! ;)

I hope it is nothing serious and all goes well at the vets. :) x

Nah, she doesnt have one on the other side.

She has no fur at her back end, so it is really easy to see where the lump is.

Hopefully it ain't too serious.

Getting away early from work to take her (well....i'm going to the doctors)

Just been to the vets, she has two abscesses on her back end :(:(

The vet lanced them and got as much pus out as he could. I will do the same and then fill with the old faithful Manuka Honey.

One thing after another with my little lady.

She was so good at the Vets. Didn't even flinch! But then the vet did put on the numbing gel first, so that would have helped. She is scoffing hay as if there is nothing wrong with her.

Just hope i have caught them quickly.

What a nightmare, at least she has you looking after her. Hope you manage to get on top of the abscesses quickly and she isn't uncomfortable for too long.

ohh poor girlie .. :(

we cleared up some realy bad abccesses on muffin back end with the following .

cleaning daily with hibiscrub diluted in warm water and squeezing out the pus.

drying off his skin then smearing with manuka honey

plus a twice daily dose of septrin .

we have had very good results on surface abccesses with this treatment on several buns ..

hope shes soon feeling better .

Poor Inca :cry:

Is she on antibiotics ?

She was already on the ceporex injections for her flower, so i have another two weeks of those now. The vet said that the injections might not have been clearing them up as they had so much pus, but hopefully with me cleaning and putting on the honey, the abx can sort out much less pus.

If not then we will have to change the abx in two weeks.

Ah poor Inca, shes such a fragile little girl :(
Good job she has a caring mum looking after her ;)
Loads of anti infection vibes xxxxx

The Vet got quite a lot of pus out earlier, but i have just cleaned her and got more out. She now has manuka honey on two abscesses and her flower, i would be as well smearing her whole bottom half in it at this rate!!

She is munching a massive plate of veg to distract her while the honey dries in.

oh no - :(bless her little darling...she is such a brave little bunny.....lotsa healing vibes from me & the buns & hope it heals up fast....:)

ouch poor angel :( might explain why her flower was more sore recently she may of been holding herself differently in some way.... loads of vibes they are gone soon xxx

Thanks for the vibes.
She seems to be fine. Biggest abscess has an X shaped wound to try to keep it open, looks sore, but my wee fighter just takes it in her stride!

Oh dear I feared it might be an abcess :cry: I'm sorry she has two poor thing, but she has been very run down so it's not surprising. I'm sure the abx and the manuka honey will do the trick! :)

Sending her lots of get well soon vibes xx

ETA does she have an upper RTI? Just wondering if she has transferred the infection from her nose/mouth whilst grooming her sore flower so much?

Back