• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice regarding another rabbit -contacted a couple of rescues, waiting for response!

Well…my husband said to me the other night that I can get another rabbit so mylo has a friend if I want too.

I would love another one but I am not sure how much more space I can give as he lives in our living room and if it will be enough for 2 rabbits, at the moment I have mylo in a small puppy pen from pets at home when I am work or in bed, which I should imagine is too small for 2 rabbits?

Mylo has lived on his own for about a year now and gets plenty of attention from me when I am at home and is really spoilt, I don’t know what I would do if they didn’t get on as I wouldn’t have anywhere else to put another rabbit. I don’t know what to do, I am undecided. I think my question is can rabbits be happy living on there own? I don’t want mylo to be unhappy!

I have emailed a rescue, and said I will give them a ring to have a chat to them, but any advice on here would be great.

Thanks in advance :wave:

Last edited:
Have you contacted Hannah at Camp Nibble, she is on here, so I am sure she understands the whole "will they won't they?" bond, and could let you return a bun that doesn't get on with your original one. I was looking at her site and she is completely over run with bunnies at the minute

Last edited:
I was going to say the same thing! She's got some that have been there for ages too poor little mites.

Have you contacted Hannah at Camp Nibble, she is on here, so I am sure she understnads the who will they won't they bind, and could return a bun that doesn't get on with your original one. I was looking at her site and she is completely over run with bunnies at the minute

No i havent spoken to Camp Nibble. I might contact them though. I have emailed a rescue in dewsbury. I think one of my concerns is space, as when we go to my parents who are about an hour away we can pack mylo's stuff up and take him with us over night but i dont think if we had a dog crate for example we would be able to fit it all in the car...but i suppose i could feel better leaving mylo overnight if he wasnt alone.

I am torn between whats best!

Aww, i would want to take them all. Its really space thats a issue, i cant think how i can make the liviing area much bigger :(:(

What does he have already?
Two buns shouldn't take up any more space than one bun.

Dog crates lie flat in the car, and a travel box is ok for an hour or so, mine just snuggle up and fall asleep.

What does he have already?
Two buns shouldn't take up any more space than one bun.

Dog crates lie flat in the car, and a travel box is ok for an hour or so, mine just snuggle up and fall asleep.

He has a small puppy pen from pets at home during the day and night and the living room when i am at home.

I know dog crates lie flat, but its where it goes in my living room, hmmm :roll:

most good rescues would take the bun back if the bond didnt work ..

buns can be happy as lone bunnies ... my housebun was a bachelour boy for 6 yrs as an indoor single bunny and was happy enough ... but since pairing him up its obvious to see he is even happier .. i wouldnt go back to a single housebun now .

they have a space around 6 ft x 3ft with time out every evening for at least 4 hours where they have the living room and kitchen .
weekends they are out around 10 hrs a day . I think this is enough . :D

most good rescues would take the bun back if the bond didnt work ..

buns can be happy as lone bunnies ... my housebun was a bachelour boy for 6 yrs as an indoor single bunny and was happy enough ... but since pairing him up its obvious to see he is even happier .. i wouldnt go back to a single housebun now .

they have a space around 6 ft x 3ft with time out every evening for at least 4 hours where they have the living room and kitchen .
weekends they are out around 10 hrs a day . I think this is enough . :D

I am trying to work out how big my space is in the pen but i dont think its that big, hmmm...

Do you have space other than in your lounge? Ours live on the landing...

Not really, the only place is behind the front door where things will fit but i dont really want to have it set up there. We dont use the front door to come in much but dont really want to have the base set up there.

Yeah, do you know them?[/QUOTE]

yes i went there about 4 years ago when i was looking for a mate for Eli.

i did try 2 different females with him but neither worked, she did take them back but it was all a bit odd..

floor to ceiling cages in every room of the house and no home checks. i had been there about 10 mins when she stuffed a bunny in a carrier and told me to give her a try. :shock:

Yeah, do you know them?

yes i went there about 4 years ago when i was looking for a mate for Eli.

i did try 2 different females with him but neither worked, she did take them back but it was all a bit odd..

floor to ceiling cages in every room of the house and no home checks. i had been there about 10 mins when she stuffed a bunny in a carrier and told me to give her a try. :shock:[/QUOTE]

oh right :? I will still speak to them anyway when i get chance and have a proper think about it all, things may have changed in 4 years.

yes maybe.

sue and her OH are genuine and like all rescues are trying their best and like all rescues are just trying to find good homes, always worth a try.

good luck if you decide to go for it! :D

Do you need to put him in the cage at night? Could he be out all the time in the one room? That way you wouldnt need the crate?

have just had a look at my set up and its smaller than i thought .. its nearer 5ft :?
but still plenty of room for them ..

base it on the fact that a reasonable hutch (minimum size) would be 6x 2 ft .. and yes an attached run would make space bigger but not everyone has a run attached .

how big is your puppy pen ?

if its too sm,all could you buy another and attach a couple of extra panels?

Back