• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor housing

beccimarie

Mama Doe
This is for Steno1234 as he is still getting used to the forum,

Steno1234 only has one bun now, as he has been bringing him in for four hours and then back outside i have recommened he just stays indoors now as the tempreture change and he will have more company indoors as a lonely bun.

He is unsure about indoor set ups and needs advice on everything to do with indoor buns.

Could anyone with indoors buns give him a list of sites he can find a nice indoor enclosure and pen and ways to prevent chewing and wires and litter training.

Thanks everyone :wave: ill now send this link to Steno1234 so he can see replys xx

How much space do you have for an indoor setup? Would be worth giving us an idea, so we can suggest things relevant to the space you have.

(Please give measurements in feet/inches if possible)

Hmm,It seems that This small dog cage can just fit in my bedroom : http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/d...1-5-x-60-x-67cm-chocolate.html?ref=googlebase

Do you think this would be all right for my boy?

P.s If that can fit in^^^ then,pretty much everything smaller than that.

The small one is very small- 61.5x45.5x52cm. Is that the one you mean? All the different sizes are listed on there... If so, I think that is way too small for a rabbit to be shut into. You want to try and get the biggest you can!

Is there no way the bun could have free range of the room?

Not really, I need to keep the door open,and i need to get out of bed. Please understand that I'm trying to be such a nice friend to him,so he can spend more time with me.:p

No, I completely understand that you are trying to do your best for him :) Erm, how about something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-SIDE-DOG-PE...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3364aee441

The panels move so you can fit it to whatever space you have. I had this for Oscar when I was home from uni attached to a medium dog crate permanently (for 3 weeks) and it when round the corner of the room...

I think that if you get the biggest one that you can and leave the door open then I don't see a problem. But just be aware buns chew anything including wires very tasty!

Well done for caring enough to want the best for him.

Back