• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD warning!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I saw this on another forum, from the RWAF.

Apparently there has been an outbreak of VHD in the wild rabbit population from the Borders to Aberdeen. It says it could killed up to 90% of the scottish population, it is likey to spread further north and down into England and Wales over time.

If you haven't vaccinated please do so.

I believe there have been several confirmed cases in the darlington/middlesbrough area, we are still waiting to hear back on lab results for little mia and dot RIP

oh no I am moving closer to the boarder then I am at the moment.

I hope they will be ok already a tad nervous with moving them into the sticks.

They are not due the VHD booster till July will they be ok?

Thank goodness my Inca was well enough to get done before Christmas, she hadn't been able to have her vaccine for over a year before!

I am in Glasgow and am fortunate I have a good vet. They sent us a letter telling us about it and recommending we get ours vaccinated. Needless to say they've now been done!

im now terrorfied havent given them their vhd yet because they were having ops and couldnt..... they are indoor rabbits so is the threat less to them? I am phoning the vets tomorrow

im now terrorfied havent given them their vhd yet because they were having ops and couldnt..... they are indoor rabbits so is the threat less to them? I am phoning the vets tomorrow

No VHD is spread on the wind/hay/clothes/shoes so deffinatly a risk to indoor bunnies the same as outdoor :wave:

I am in Glasgow and am fortunate I have a good vet. They sent us a letter telling us about it and recommending we get ours vaccinated. Needless to say they've now been done!

I've sent my vet a panicky email letting him know, not sure if he'll know already

Back