• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babygates to keep bunnys in?

They don't :lol: unless you make some changes to it. Some of mine can quite happily pop in and out of my room if the baby gate is closed :lol::roll: Obviosuly the bigger ones can't though.

My baby gates work perfectly for keeping the buns out :) Especially to stop them from going upstairs.
£17 from Tesco :D

My baby gate does'nt keep bunnies in the kitchen, they can squeeze through, as does my neighbours rabbit in her house. Had to use the c&c cubes and attach them to the bottom half of the baby gate, tescos is the cheapest I've seen them. Have you thought of putting a wanted add on freecycle?

Our fat cat can easily slip through them so I imagine rabbits can fit through some too. I once put two 8 week old buns in a dog crate, and the rabbits were about 3 times bigger than the gap inbetween the bars but they managed to slip through :shock:

My baby gate does'nt keep bunnies in the kitchen, they can squeeze through, as does my neighbours rabbit in her house. Had to use the c&c cubes and attach them to the bottom half of the baby gate, tescos is the cheapest I've seen them. Have you thought of putting a wanted add on freecycle?

This is exactly what we did.

Yes, freecyle, preloved and gumtree would be good places to look.

Mine like to get half their body through and then get stuck :roll: they then sort of run their back legs and somehow manage to get through.

Damn, I need to find one his big bum can't fit through :lol: Charlie needs to be kept in my bedroom so he doesn't chew internet wires, but Willow (cockatiel) likes free flying of the upstairs so it'd keep him in and let her in and out!
I need to saw my door in half :roll:

Do you know anyone who could make a small wooden gate with mesh, like a run panel to put over the door? Or you could even put mesh over the baby gate?

Yeah I think I'll try and look for a cheap/free babygate and then mesh it over when I have a few quid spare

It looks great but couldn't the buns go under neath cos it's quite a big gap.:? Other than that it looks great:thumb:

Ours works well to keep them in the kitchen now that I have personalised it! I have used some stiff cardboard boxes weaver through the bars and tied on with string. It takes them a while to gnaw the cardboard so I have good length of warning of when it needs replaced.

I have an Asda one with NIC panels cable tied on and a narrow one I got from Amazon with hamster run panels cable tied on. A gate on it's own would never do mine. When we first put up the second one Nutmeg went clean through it. :shock::lol:

Mine have tiny holes and slats that nothing but a bunny mouth can get through. Theres many different makes so find one without the 'bars' that buns can get through. Mine are tall too so buns can't jump them.

I bought one of the Lindam ones for my study door, usually £18 in Tesco on offer in Wilkinsons for £15 that was 2-3wks ago! However had a panic when D&D wedged their heads through, they stopped at their ears but I was worried they'd ram them through and get stuck so have placed a wire panel behind to stop their nosey noses getting through!

We used to use a pet gate, however Marmite figured out how to do the the lift and slide action with her teeth! :lol: I have a video of it to post when I'm on computer and not phone. :D

Back