• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Norty Rubes!

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Trying to get EVERYTHING today!! phones, laptop,me.........:roll:
But I love her madly!
photo0020.jpg

Chew?? Um.....bites more the word.!!! a few problems im trying to overcome but its hard work and takes flipping ages.
You any good with these creatures??? Shes amazing.So funny and interesting and naughty!!!!

Chew?? Um.....bites more the word.!!! a few problems im trying to overcome but its hard work and takes flipping ages.
You any good with these creatures??? Shes amazing.So funny and interesting and naughty!!!!

Afraid not, I just find them fascinating. :D The closest I 've come is a neighbour's budgie who spent a week's holiday with us in the summer - but that's going back about 25 years! I wouldn't presume to compare the noble Rubes to a budgie. A parrot (African Grey) does play an important part in the plot of one of my favourite novels, The Book and the Brotherhood by Iris Murdoch.

I have heard of the author, but not the book im afraid.
Ruby now has grapes.She pierces a hole, then sucks out the innards then just drops the skin after crushing out the last of the mush.Her eyes go all almond shaped......its a love affair between her and grapes.

I have heard of the author, but not the book im afraid.
Ruby now has grapes.She pierces a hole, then sucks out the innards then just drops the skin after crushing out the last of the mush.Her eyes go all almond shaped......its a love affair between her and grapes.

Does she prefer red or green grapes?

Does she prefer red or green grapes?

Shes not bothered.Had too many the last day or two, along with dates, peas and baked beans!!!
Ive now put her back in prison, and shes sat grinding her beak.Lord only knows why shes tired.She had a lie in till 11.30.(Im ill).

Shes not bothered.Had too many the last day or two, along with dates, peas and baked beans!!!
Ive now put her back in prison, and shes sat grinding her beak.Lord only knows why shes tired.She had a lie in till 11.30.(Im ill).

Goodness, she certainly had a varied diet. :lol:

A burp, goodness me ... does she, ahem, trump at the other end? :p

Yes, she does, but its all immitating folk.Please note, she did all this before she came to me.Ive taught her a few more things like "Huh" and "Oooooooh" and "Fresh water" and "Hohohoho".

Back