• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

QP Rabbit Food ?

I think it's the same as for us poisonous when raw but ok when cooked.

Before pellets and dry mix foods rabbits used to be fed a mash which often had potatoes in to supplement their green food. Also apparently when rabbits were on this diet they was healthier than on commercial feed.

Commercial feed was only fed to save time as the mash had to be cooked over night and then fresh food had to be foraged from the fields.

Now it's come full circle to be a combination of the two ways of feeding resulting in healthier rabbits again.

Says it's grain free, but has oat husk brain and semolina in it. :?

edit: had to leave this, as it looked so funny! I meant bran! :lol:

Dont quote me on this but I *think* it is because the solanine potatoes contain, which is toxic, is completely destroyed by cooking.

I dont personally feed my Rabbits cooked Potato, but in the old days it was common to feed it apparently.

I think your right there, my nana used to own lots of rabbits when she was younger and she would give them cooked potato's, once they were warm she would feed it to them to keep them warm in the winter.

Dont quote me on this but I *think* it is because the solanine potatoes contain, which is toxic, is completely destroyed by cooking.

I dont personally feed my Rabbits cooked Potato, but in the old days it was common to feed it apparently.

Some 30 years back when we had our first rabbits, it was common to make a potato mash for rabbits, was recommended in most rabbit books!

Seems to be a new brand. I have only had a sample of the bunny nature green dream or something like that, which is high in fibre. It wasn't as popular as Science Selective, though.

Back