• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furious

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Today I went to collect back a rabbit that was adopted from us over 4 years ago
I home checked originally and he was living as a housebunny, with a doe..free run of kitchen hallway and conservatory..all great

Lady rang me to say his partner had died and they didn't want him any more..he was now living ..and had been for a while as an outside rabbit in a large hutch

Well.....I collected him today to find he has been living in this

cage.jpg

from where it was positioned and the things around it I don't think he has ever been out of it..he is nervous
and when do you think his small cage was last cleaned out properly?:evil:
and this was when she knew I was going to collect him!

cagea.jpg

His large hutch was outside..empty...so glad he is back with us and will go onto a great home...just wish I'd collected him sooner:cry:

What on earth is it? It looks like a fish tank or something.. how awful, poor bunny :( The only positive in this is that at least you have him back now and he can be spoilt to bits and looked after.

Did you say anything??Id have gone ballistic!.Dear Boy.How does he look?? You mentioned hes nervous.What a shame for him.

Oh god! This story is awful espeically considering that you even home checked the lady! Has she no shame??

Oh no! That's awful :( To adopt a rabbit and not keep it in the housing the rescue thought! :evil: I would never change Gordon and Beano's housing without letting you know, and never to something like that! Poor bunny, there was no way you could've known to go collect him sooner. He is lucky to be back with you now and will hopefully go to a lovely home soon. Best wishes with him xx

:( That's horrendous! So glad he's now out of there!

Are there any pictures of the little man?

i dont understand why they would just neglect him because the other rabbit passed away...surely you would give the poor thing more love and attention..not just shove it into a tiny "fish tank" like cage and not clean it....poor thing

I'm just glad she contacted you again to have him back or who knows what would have happened to him poor thing!:shock: Sending him a big hug and nose rubs xx :love:

that must be more heartbreaking than rescuing bunnies you have never met before. im so sorry they did this :cry: :cry: and people wonder why rescues are strict :evil:

That wee stain. :shock: I haven't a clue what that 'thing' he's been living in is either but I'm so thankful they finally decided to hand him back. :cry:

awww jill ... :(:(:(

we do all these checks and stuff but sadly once they have gone on to new homes the reality is that we have so little control over what happens .. :(

Oh that's horrible, what on earth were they thinking?! At least the little man is back in good care - you'll find your forever home soon little one xxx

awww jill ... :(:(:(

we do all these checks and stuff but sadly once they have gone on to new homes the reality is that we have so little control over what happens .. :(

Is it possible to do a follow up check? Perhaps it's too much work:? but maybe you could get a few volunteers to do it. (If I drove then I'd volunteer:oops:)

Is it possible to do a follow up check? Perhaps it's too much work:? but maybe you could get a few volunteers to do it. (If I drove then I'd volunteer:oops:)

We do follow up checks at the RSPCA and even then these issues still arise. It's horrific and horrendous.

I'm so sorry Jill, but very glad he is back with you.

Back