• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf Lops & Mini Lops

Mini Lops > ~1.3 - 1.6Kg
Dwarf Lops > ~1.8 - 2.6Kg

Dwarfs seem to be a bit stockier too.

Mini Lops seem to have a rounded head.

(Very roughly, and all my observations :wave:)

^^^ As Gray said.

Mini lops have the dwarfing gene...Dwarf lops (confusingly named) don't. :)

Oooo ... interesting thread. My rabbit nephew last weighed 1.8kg, and he's tiny. I read somewhere that dwarf lop started at 2.2kg. My little friend is very mini-lop shaped, round head, generally round, but not carrying any extra flesh I wouldn't say.

Hmm I am just trying to work out what Georgie is. I think he is a very small dwarf lop then. I think he weighs about 1.8kgs. My other dwarf lops are massive! LOL! That's just what made me wonder ... cos I know dwarf lops are not small, and Georgie is :?

Hmm I am just trying to work out what Georgie is. I think he is a very small dwarf lop then. I think he weighs about 1.8kgs. My other dwarf lops are massive! LOL! That's just what made me wonder ... cos I know dwarf lops are not small, and Georgie is :?

Or a very big mini lop! ;)

He could be a mix between the two (breedingwise)

Or a very big mini lop! ;)

He could be a mix between the two (breedingwise)

This perhaps :)

It's difficult, as with so much cross breeding going on, theres no 'accurate' weight for a breed you aren't 100% sure of :)

Biscuit was sold as a mini lop. He promptly got to 2.4Kg's. SO no way a mini lop :lol:

Ginger is a Dwarf Lop x Lionhead (without the lion gene showing - her litter mate has it ALL) and currently weighs 1.57Kg's, but she has issues putting weight on.

This is the little love :love:

604a9b3c.jpg

23aeca5c.jpg

54bf3c9b.jpg

176dd78b.jpg

Also, I believe the minilop has its head placed higher (I think that means a shorter neck?) more like the nethies.

I've never been able to tell the difference :oops:

What would you say Paddy is?

93d8fc82.jpg

2586b73b.jpg

This is him without his winter coat:
4ade168c.jpg

3506bbbb.jpg

I think he's about 1.9kgs maybe...havent weighed him for a while :oops:

Revel is a mini lop and weighed about 2.2kg in his prime. Where as Elwood was a dwarf lop and weighed 3kg.

I think it is the shape of the head that makes the distinction between the 2 as much as the weight. Dwarf lops have a longer face than a mini :)

Mini lops are much smaller. Mango is a Mini lop x Holland lop and he's only 1.2 kg, his brother is also a similar weight.

Mini lops are much smaller. Mango is a Mini lop x Holland lop and he's only 1.2 kg, his brother is also a similar weight.

I thought Mini Lops and Holland Lops were the same thing? :lol: :?

Holland Lops are what we call Mini Lops in the states?

Back