• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg babies

breeze

Mama Doe
Over the weekend I got a call from auctioneer saying a rabbit had been abandoned and would I take her.of course I couldn't let her stay there.anyway,settled her in saturday and god be hold she had 2 babies last night.iv made sure she's got plenty of hay and she's eating for britain.can't believe it.iv got 10wks go and now iv got 2 little things look after.what selfish swine dumps and pregnant rabbit?

OMG! Sorry, I didn't get it :oops:
But still, I think you can relax. The mother will know what to do; you've done most of what you could already - and in 10 weeks the little ones will be all weaned and ready for rehoming.
Check that there's no dead babies in the nest (make sure your hands have the mother's smell, all the usual precautions) and that the babies are warm and fed, and then leave them quiet.
If you start looking for homes right away, by the time you have your baby the kits could be with new lovely parents already. :love:

I would contact a few local rescues and get them put on their waiting lists to come in too - good luck with both them and yours

Back