• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do "vibes" work?

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Just a question, I'm just curious - do you think sending vibes works? in what way - does it help the animal/person/situation? what are you thinking, feeling or intending when you send someone vibes?

I think they work as well as any placebo - they work to bring comfort which is definate though and a sense of caring and companionship to the person who may feel isolated/alone and vulnerable/frightened for their pet so yes I can't see why they don't work - do they make the vet do a better job - does the rabbit tune into them no I don't think so.

To offer moral support to the person posting about a sick Rabbit and to show them that I care. I dont believe 'vibes' have any 'magic' powers to 'cure' the Rabbit but they can offer some comfort to a distressed Rabbit Care Giver.

Id like to think so, I had so many vibes for Mae. The vet told me she wont make the end of the week, but she is still here :wave:

To offer moral support to the person posting about a sick Rabbit and to show them that I care. I dont believe 'vibes' have any 'magic' powers to 'cure' the Rabbit but they can offer some comfort to a distressed Rabbit Care Giver.

:thumb:

As support for the person looking after the rabbit (or person or animal). I can't help thinking that a calmer owner is better for a rabbit as they pick up on stress.
Either way, it can't hurt.

^^^^ This. :D

They've certainly helped me when I've asked for them in the past - knowing other people take the time to read about one of my bunnies and take an interest in their welfare is a great support. As for the power of collective positive thought and/or magic power of vibes, err, nope.

Well I'm no expert on the subject but just from what i read about noetic sciences (in the dan brown book, the lost symbol) apparently if many people all focus on one thing for example willing someone to get better then it can actually produce a physically measurable effect (something to do with random event generators i think they were called, apparently on the days after the september 11th attacks they went haywire which was attributed to the nation, and probably half the planet, having the same thoughts etc)

Noetic scientists have also apparently been able to shape ice crystals by the power of thought :shock:

There's that thing Noel Edmonds does too which he and a lot of people swear by, can't remember what its called but he reckons his TV comeback and success is all down to whatever it is - which is essentially actively wishing in a specific way for what you want.

Don't want to start a religious debate, and personally i'm an atheist (although i fully respect other peoples choice to believe what they want to ;)) but I do believe that prayers probably do work but in the kind of way described above rather than by a god

Feet on the floor, trained in scientific discipline, I proved that a friends dog who was very attached to me, could "read my mind", & start to obey a thought command, when I had carefully ensured I was giving no body cues & she was running away from me.
There are some remarkable instances of Thumper "reading my mind" too.
So I assume that some animals, have a mode of communication of which we are unaware.

A very few people seem to have a gift of being able to communicate in detail with animals in this way over distance. Yes some people are "mistaken" that they have this gift, but the few are too accurate to be explained by chance alone.

I have noticed in a friends colony of rabbits that individuals seem to draw great strength from being groomed by others when seriously ill. It is a technique I have used with my bun.

So I think it quite possible that "messages of love & strengthening" can be somehow transmitted to our poorly buns.

Personally I say a little prayer for poorly buns, & also focus on a picture of them & talk to them mentally, lovingly & encouragingly.
Unfortunately the latter also seems to affect my own bun at times eg "vibes for poops" often results in a whole pile of poops from Thumper by my foot. :lol:
ETA Although he sometimes does single poops when very excited, hee only does a pile of them when I'm "vibing" :shock:

Agreed. :wave:

we believe thoughts are living things!
If you focus and want something enough it can help as long as that is the devine plan. If many people focus on that thing your sending double amount of hope. Even if the outcome is death you hopefully have eased the pain a little.
Healers call vibes distant healing you focus on what you really want imagine the thing (pet/person) happy healthy and focus on positiveness to encourage the good to happen and drive the bad away.
Thats why we encourage people not to think about the bad things as then your encouraging the bad.
And if it is all a load of poop then your letting the person know that you care and thats a comfort to anyone when upset.

I personally feel they really help us and my buns wouldn't be here if it wasn't through kind thoughts from others even people who arent healers!

I always think its an offer of comfort, and letting people know they are in your thoughts and you are hoping for them to feel better soon............ they arent like reike, you need training for that I think. I hope vibes work, but I dont think they can combat everything :(

Feet on the floor, trained in scientific discipline, I proved that a friends dog who was very attached to me, could "read my mind", & start to obey a thought command, when I had carefully ensured I was giving no body cues & she was running away from me.
There are some remarkable instances of Thumper "reading my mind" too.
So I assume that some animals, have a mode of communication of which we are unaware.

A very few people seem to have a gift of being able to communicate in detail with animals in this way over distance. Yes some people are "mistaken" that they have this gift, but the few are too accurate to be explained by chance alone.

I have noticed in a friends colony of rabbits that individuals seem to draw great strength from being groomed by others when seriously ill. It is a technique I have used with my bun.

So I think it quite possible that "messages of love & strengthening" can be somehow transmitted to our poorly buns.

Personally I say a little prayer for poorly buns, & also focus on a picture of them & talk to them mentally, lovingly & encouragingly.
Unfortunately the latter also seems to affect my own bun at times eg "vibes for poops" often results in a whole pile of poops from Thumper by my foot. :lol:
ETA Although he sometimes does single poops when very excited, hee only does a pile of them when I'm "vibing" :shock:

I do believe that animals are slightly telepathic but, I think when sending vibes to animals who don't know you that it is more for the benefit of the owner - I think vibes from a person to their own pet are definately able to influence the pet though and I agree that animals can read minds aswell as body language etc - my dog always knows my OH is due home at least 10 minutes before he arrives - I've tested it many times.

I'm going to be trendy and say....this. :lol:

Back