• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help plz neutering problem

shadow05

Mama Doe
hi as every one knows or some people will know i had scooter done on fri. now ive not been able to see wat his stichs let alone know if there okay. but i need to check them for peace of mind and also it looks like there is blood and some dye or ink from the cardboard that was in there.

my only problem is that with him being a no handle bunny i cant check with the threat of him riping his stichs. so i was wondering if anybody had any ideas as to how i could check.

hes due in at the vets on wednesday ive not seen him groom his none existing bits since about sat. he himself looks okay, is acting as normal as before with a little bit of different not much, and is eating and pooing okay.

Oh no, i have no idea what to do but didnt want to read and run! Maybe get him to walk over a mirror???

Do you have a big plastic box you could get him to stand in and lift it very slightly so you can see? or is that a stupid idea?

how do u hypnotise a rabbit ?

please don't trance him :wave: Georgey's is a good idea, if you have a clear plastic box put him in then look underneath.

If you have to pick him up get as close to the floor as possible, bring him straight into your body so he feels supported and get him settled before you flip him

i dont know dont get wat u mean ?

Get a big plastic tub, sit on the floor next to your bed and hold the box above you, next to the bed (so if he jumps he wont full) you should be able to see his underside that way. Its a way of sexing untame hammies :wave:

i would do this and it sounds like a good idea but i dont have any clear boxes. and i wasnt going to hyponostise him was just curious?

i would do this and it sounds like a good idea but i dont have any clear boxes. and i wasnt going to hyponostise him was just curious?

No worries, its just when people lie them flat on their backs, their heart rates slow and they go into a sort of trance. It's a fear response and can be fatal, there are lots of videos on youtube of people doing it thinking they're hypnotists :(

oh right i was just curious i thought it would be like the same for chickens. i also didnt think it was good for them.

Can your vet not bring the post op check forward to today to check for you.

Crunchie is having his today, weds seems a long time.

Big clear container, put bun in, lid on top, hold up and look, not ideal but one way to have a quick look :)

Other way is use a towel and do a "bunny burrito" :lol:

Can your vet not bring the post op check forward to today to check for you.

Crunchie is having his today, weds seems a long time.

i would have done but i am unavialabe until wednesday as i have collage and if i dont go i dont get paid which i could really do with this week.

Back