• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eeeps!

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Its there check up with the vet nurse tomorrow,
and booking jay into get his noody bits off
turns out he has testicles, i have rang the rescue and she said she knew one of them was done :roll:

just aswell rubys done :shock:

Its there check up with the vet nurse tomorrow,
and booking jay into get his noody bits off
turns out he has testicles, i have rang the rescue and she said she knew one of them was done :roll:

just aswell rubys done :shock:

help anyone please what should i expect
when he gets his knackers off?
:?
hes booked in for next month

Do I get it well? Is your rabbit a hermaphrodite? Or you thought he was a female until he grew furry teabags?
In both cases, don't worry. If he is fully male, well, the op will actually be much easier than a spay, and he'll bounce back very quickly. If nobody had told me Mango had been castrated, I would have barely realized he'd had an op. In a couple days he was like new.

Hermaphrodites are quite common in rabbits. In this case, it will be a harder matter because some of them have genitals so complicated they're impossible to completely neuter. However, usually only one of the two apparatuses is fully working, if any. Jazzywoo has a rabbit who became a mother AND a father but it's the only case I know about.

Do I get it well? Is your rabbit a hermaphrodite? Or you thought he was a female until he grew furry teabags?
In both cases, don't worry. If he is fully male, well, the op will actually be much easier than a spay, and he'll bounce back very quickly. If nobody had told me Mango had been castrated, I would have barely realized he'd had an op. In a couple days he was like new.

Hermaphrodites are quite common in rabbits. In this case, it will be a harder matter because some of them have genitals so complicated they're impossible to completely neuter. However, usually only one of the two apparatuses is fully working, if any. Jazzywoo has a rabbit who became a mother AND a father but it's the only case I know about.

Nuh hun i knew he was male but was told he and Ruby were spayed/neutered, but on de-notting that general area i discovered jay had "Furry teabags"<LOL

but when i contacted the rescue i got them from she said she knew one of the 2 had been neutered just didnt know which one...

Nuh hun i knew he was male but was told he and Ruby were spayed/neutered, but on de-notting that general area i discovered jay had "Furry teabags"<LOL

but when i contacted the rescue i got them from she said she knew one of the 2 had been neutered just didnt know which one...

Ok, if he has testicles he clearly has not been neutered :lol: but I would check the other rabbit too, these rescue people seem quite confused.
By the way as I told you, castration is quick and relatively safe for boys, so you need not fear anything as long as your bun is healthy and can withstand GA.

:lol: furry teabags :lol:

sorry on a more serious mature note.. i have no exeriance with boy neutering as my poor bo cannot be neutered as he has a respiratory issue.. but i did work experiance at a vets when i was at college and i can truely say it is a very simple procedure for boys only takes a little while and they usally make a very quick recovery, it is a bigger procedure for girls.

Are you sure the girl is spayed too? i would just double check with the vet.. dont want to make you worried but i think its better to check seen as the risks females have if there not spayed xx

hey guys,
jay and ruby are very healthy buns ruu is about a year and half and jay 7-8 months :)

she said that rube feels fat but cant feel babies just gut, she suspects they were both being fed to much sugary food.... my bad (theyve been spoiled)

ill just keep an eye out:shock:

jays having a huge not removed from his bottom while hes under :roll:
poor wee man

Our 'a Guy Called Gerald' had his knacks off 2 weeks after we bought him. He was only young - around 12 weeks, so we didn't get to know him too well before. We kept in the house and he was 'the Explorer', confident and inquisative.
His little knacks were still present but turning colour- I was scared...was it an infection?? then they fell off! or dissappeared. We then introduced him to the girls....tentative time but they all bonded well. Initially he still had an enormous 'appetite' so it seems, and poor Chewbains didn't die a virgin. Mangle's fiesty and stood her own. So in our case the dynamics of the buns relationships depended on their own personalities...Chewbains sadly died. Manglewurzel had to succumb to an extent to Geralds superiority in the hierachy. They snuggle and groom each other, but if she wants her space she'll have it.

That's 'our':love: experience :D

Back