• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After some advice R.E adopting a British giant house rabbit

Michelle_stt

Alpha Buck
Someone who my mum knows has loads of pets, their latest addition was a baby british giant bunny.

Fast forward a few weeks and they have found that they can't cope so they want to rehome the bunny.

My mum was telling them about my bunny's and they have asked if I would consider offering her a home.

I would LOVE her, but we have 4 bunnies, 4 cats and 2 piggies. The bunnies have the shed and the garden. 3 of the cats go inside or out, but our disabled youth kitten/cat will always be a house cat.

The piggies are in our garage conversion in a 2 tier 4ft hutch and have free range time without the cats around.

I dont want to take her on just for the sake of it. Iv no idea about British giants, if they need different care etc. I dont want to offer her a home then find out I cant manage, the less stress the better for the bunny!

Im also not sure about a house bunny with the cats aswell.
They said to me that she is litter trained but needs more training (no idea what she meant by that).

Any help/advice would be great. Iv not personally met her so no idea how big she is.

I have a continental giant and she gets on fine with my cats, she is twice the size of them and bosses them about :lol: She lives outside though, no different care needed really just more space, food, hay, cleaning etc...

You sound like you weren't/aren't looking to have another bun at the moment. Honestly, everyone has a limit. If you don't feel like this bun is best for your home at the moment, maybe help your mum's friend find another solution? Help her get in contact with rescues, or maybe if you know of another home? Or you could always post in RIN.
Good luck. Let us know what you decide!

Back