• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burgess rabbit show

leanne2525

Warren Scout
Here is a few photos from the burgess rabbit show

a plush rex (they was beautiful)
IMG00143-20110130-1000.jpg

IMG00298-20110130-1034.jpg

IMG00299-20110130-1034.jpg

IMG00297-20110130-1033.jpg

shearing angora
IMG00303-20110130-1123.jpg

my freebies
IMG00308-20110130-1352.jpg

rabbits in childrens handling part
IMG00138-20110130-0955.jpg

That blue rabbit in the last pic (cant remeber his breed lol) was lovely! soo cute :love: when i was helping out he would just run around the middle bit:lol:

everytime you turned round they was giving your more stuff, there was a rabbit rescue there, and they was getting people to make willow balls and fill them with treats to take home for there bunnies , and they had a bucket of bags of gerbil dirt for them to dig in and apple sticks for rabbits and small animals (all free of charge)

The large 'grey' rabbit was an argente champagne :) So cute and friendly, I wanted to take it home :love:

And is that Harley in the first picture? :lol: I had to go to a meeting during the first display so missed it but I said they could jump with him

sounds like a good day shame theres not more places like this!

:lol: I can't believe people think it's free stuff, I take it that it was free to get in? They are only samples hoping your going to re-order, after reading the other thread regarding this show it doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all but, then I don't believe in something for nothing and my priority is the feelings of the live animals not the people who have a choice:wave:

no it was not free to get in it was £7 per adult £3 children, and i have no intention of ordering anything from anyone so the stuff i got was free:)

no it was not free to get in it was £7 per adult £3 children, and i have no intention of ordering anything from anyone so the stuff i got was free:)

:lol: So for a family of four £20.00 and you think that you didn't pay for those freebies, fair enough, I'm surprised you won't be ordering any given your so impressed with them:?

I too was very grateful for the free samples - it is a good way to enable your creatures try new products without a large financial outlay. In this day and age, money is very tight, and it is even more important to know that what you buy will indeed be enjoyed not ignored. I found some excellent products (eg a new hay supplier) which I would not have heard of had I not gone to the show. Of course there is an entry fee - the venue and associated costs have to be covered, but it is reasonable, and can be largely re-couped in savings on postage and packing.

:lol: So for a family of four £20.00 and you think that you didn't pay for those freebies, fair enough, I'm surprised you won't be ordering any given your so impressed with them:?

14 pound (my children are little so don't pay) and I was going to see a friend who was there and other stuff was a bonus, the stuff I was most impressed with was the FREE stuff from a rescue centre who had a stall , they wasn't trying to get a order they was trying to promote healthy treats for rabbits and rodents and promote rabbit rescuen I see that as a good thing not bad! But only my opinion

14 pound (my children are little so don't pay) and I was going to see a friend who was there and other stuff was a bonus, the stuff I was most impressed with was the FREE stuff from a rescue centre who had a stall , they wasn't trying to get a order they was trying to promote healthy treats for rabbits and rodents and promote rabbit rescuen I see that as a good thing not bad! But only my opinion

Yes I see what your saying, I'm just making an observation that the entry fee is actually quite a lot certainly enough to cover free gifts from Burgess themselves - the rescue that was there - I wonder if they paid to pitch up there? Or any of the other exhibitors - I'd suggest that it's not free to exhibit so again plenty of money for Burgess to be using to 'give' away free gifts.

What were the healthy treats the rescue were promoting out of interest?

I did not think that shows like this promote 'rabbit rescuing'; more like rabbit breeding, showing and rabbit exploitation.:? :evil:

Yes I see what your saying, I'm just making an observation that the entry fee is actually quite a lot certainly enough to cover free gifts from Burgess themselves - the rescue that was there - I wonder if they paid to pitch up there? Or any of the other exhibitors - I'd suggest that it's not free to exhibit so again plenty of money for Burgess to be using to 'give' away free gifts.

What were the healthy treats the rescue were promoting out of interest?

It wasent really Burgess giving out the freebies, it was the individual stands.

How so? Also how come Burgess weren't giving away any freebies?

well they were (apple sticks i think) but the pics on the thread are of things from other stands.

All the jumpers including Mischief and Tinker's Mum, were given lots of free food/hay.

Back