• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where are all the older boys needing new homes?

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
I have failed miserably to bond up my oldest bun for adoption to a lovely six year old lady - twice I've tried and twice I've failed. He's just too energetic for her. He's three going on 6 months.

I've just had another enquiry for a boy to bond to a bereft 6 yr old lady tonight and I have noone to show her.

I've looked at rescues on the net but no luck - it's good in many ways as it kinda shows that bunnies don't tend to get thrown out when they are much older (or tell me if I am wrong) but it does kinda prove the MMC stats about baby bunnies being given up for adoption so quickly after purchase. So many rabbits locally in rescue are babies. I have boys here but all of them under one year.

Anyone near me have older fellas needing nice homes?

I have looked at him Helen - I might suggest him to either of these families, but Beds is quite a distance from me and one of the families is already an hour further on from me to the south.

Yes sorry I realised that after I had already posted it!! :oops: I really mustnt go looking at any more!! :oops: Although if it was one of the rescues on here could a bunny run be arranged?

Hope you find the right bunny for you :)

Oh squee he's a Nomad lookylikey!

Helen I know everyone including other rescues is un/comfortable with different things, but if it helps I'd be happy to help out with a bunnyrun to get a suitable boy bun down to you.

and in no way am I offering because I'd like to come and visit Cecily

I know what you mean about there not being that many older buns in rescue: as you know, I found the same thing when I was looking for a new pal for Dudley. I guess in the main that's a good thing, and as you say, backs up the MMC findings that bunnies are often given up while they are young.

Yes sorry I realised that after I had already posted it!! :oops: I really mustnt go looking at any more!! :oops: Although if it was one of the rescues on here could a bunny run be arranged?

Hope you find the right bunny for you :)

he he, no worries Helen. Nice of you to be paying attention to my posts! LOL

He would look rather nice with this lady who is here though as she is a harlequin loppitylady

I'm fairly sure Jill doesn't have any older buns atm but of course I'm unaware of any that may be waiting to come in :)

That is so strange as we always have loads of single boys and never any females. But none of our single boys are in a position to be bonded at the moment.

He is adorable isn't he Jane. I spotted him too but I am not sure how well he'd fare outside with his coat - I will be showing these folks though as he's such a cutie. I hope that Jane would feel comfortable letting him come down in their are interested.

I've met Douglas, and he is lovely! He has been in rescue for a long time and so derserves a lovely retirement home!

Back