• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

confession time.... :0(

shell1805

Mama Doe
i guess it's time to let you guys all know. i had to re home daisy (my giant conti) :cry:

to cut a massively long story short, my sister who had already landed me with one of her buns she didnt want landed me again with another (i know i should have known but i so badly wanted to help the poor little mites, even if it was only temporaily till i could find them a home)

so i had bella and jasper, daisy dali and new bun freddy. i just couldnt have that many house buns. it was literally one bun out the other buns in and on it would go all evening. it wasn't fair on any of them. so i made the decision to find some of them new homes. it hurt having to choose but bella and jasper were my 1st buns and so i made the hard choice to rehome the rest. i was unbelieveably lucky to find a loving home for all of them with the same woman. she had a massive garden for daisy and was going to keep them all indoors till the weather gets better and then slowly introduce them outside.

not a day goes by that i dont miss any of them but i had to do what was right by all of them and i had to admit to myself that by helping out a very ungreatful selfish sister i put all my animals under so much stress as their living arrangments and free time got dramatically cut......

:cry: i guess i know what you are all going to say.... all i can say is no one hates themself more than me right now xx

oh dear thats so sad :( you did the responsible thing and home-checked, maybe it would be a good idea to do a follow-up check after a few months.

Im glad your sisters bunnies went to nice homes, you couldnt keep all of them anyway, I hope she knows youre not best impressed!

im sure youve done the right thing, atleast now you know youve given them everything they could possibly need which is the best anyone could ever do :)

im still in contact with the lady and we talk regularly, she gives me updates on how they are doing etc. as for me and my sister, we aren't talking. i have nothing left to say to her, she put me in a hard position and i won't let that happen again. still that is no excuse for re homing daisy. she was mine to begin with, but it wasn't fair on a bin her size not getting all that space she needed. if anything i should be a lesson to anyone who is thinking of getting a big bun, they are lovely animals ut they should get the best and need at least a room to free range in at all times. somehting i could not always give her once the newbies arrived :cry:

xx

It was a hard situation either way, you did the right thing, dont beat youself up about it xxx

thank you for all your kind words and understanding. just found out that my hubbys over time has been cut so money is a VERY big issue now so in some ways im glad i rehomed them when i did so i could do it with a clear head as apposed to in a panic. i searched for ages to find the right home and i stand by the decision that i did. just wish it didnt have to come to that, thats all. i wanted to let you all know so that you didnt wonder why i didnt post about them anymore xx

im still in contact with the lady and we talk regularly, she gives me updates on how they are doing etc. as for me and my sister, we aren't talking. i have nothing left to say to her, she put me in a hard position and i won't let that happen again. still that is no excuse for re homing daisy. she was mine to begin with, but it wasn't fair on a bin her size not getting all that space she needed. if anything i should be a lesson to anyone who is thinking of getting a big bun, they are lovely animals ut they should get the best and need at least a room to free range in at all times. somehting i could not always give her once the newbies arrived :cry:

xx

At the end of the day you have to do what it right for Daisy. Which you did :) The lady sounds like someone that really cares, and Im sure with that huge garden Daisy will be very happy. Rehoming is not a bad thing if it gives the animal a better quality of life, so you shouldnt feel guilty

sometimes what we think is best for the buns in our care may be what others disagree with, but only you know the full situation. You based your decision on what was best for them, which is what a good owner does.

:cry: i guess i know what you are all going to say.... all i can say is no one hates themself more than me right now xx

If anyone does disagree with you, I don't think they need to say anything because you're already hurting more than their words could hurt.

Don't beat yourself up about this, only you know how much you can cope with and I am sure you have done the best by the bunnies.:)

Daisy's happy with her caring owner so you should be happy that you've found her a perfect home where she can be fussed and cared for!!:D:D

thanks everyone, i know what you're all saying and deep down i know i have done the right thing. just hurts right now i guess :( x

Huge huggles! Please don't hate yourself... you did what was right for Daisy. That is what being a great bunny mummy is all about!

Please don't be so hard on yourself.....sounds like you were put in a really difficult position...I don't envy you having to make such a difficult decision.
You did all you could, and Daisy has gone to a caring home and she will be well looked after - that's more than many bunnies get the chance to have.

It sounds like you've made the right decision, don't be too hard on yourself you've improved the quality of life for your bunnies :)

It seems that you made the right choice to rehome them as they have plenty of space and a caring owner who keeps in touch with you. Try to be kind to yourself about the situation.:)
sue:wave:

You def made the right choice for Daisy - and finding her the 'right' home is fantastic. It would have been awful if you had kept hold of her knowing you couldnt cope. xx

Back