• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*sigh* people and rabbits

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I was due to pick up another rabbit today and take it to rescue from a situation I know that is going on near me. Woman has a disabled son who is treating the rabbit badly and she doesn't want the rabbit anymore either and wants to get rid.

We had texts and calls since November, every week or so arranging when the changeover would take place and discussing how I would would take it to rescue. Last text was yesterday and no times had been specificed, then...

Nothing. Just nothing. No answer to phonecalls/texts/anything. No rabbit changeover. All contact cut off.

This has happened to me about three times so far with rabbits I know that are really in need and that's not counting the time I set out to pick up a 10 year old rabbit whose owners were waiting for it to die in Stockton and I get to nottingham (from Oxford) to be told that they're going out and won't be able to let me in. I call and no answer. It must happen a thousand times more to rescues, I don't know how you do it. Time wasters and poor creatures who just want to get out and get to comfort.

Might she have had to go to the hospital or something? (they normally make you switch off phones). I hope you still manage to get the rabbit into rescue. It is really sad how some people see animals as something they can 'get rid of', when things do not turn out how they expect them to.

How infuriating I hope they contact you. I've been asked to take a bun with a brain injury I just can't as I have enough bunnies :(

Back