• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooooo Sweet!!!

Trixielover

Mama Doe
I went to see some bunnies today and they were ADORABLE!!!!! There was 2 litters that were for sale one dutch and one mini lop. I have decided to get two mini lops (boy and girl) preferely two of the black and white ones!! I have contacted the breeder via e-mail to say what I'd like (boy and girl) and I'm just waiting!!! :D:D:D They were dinky!!!

I went to see some bunnies today and they were ADORABLE!!!!! There was 2 litters that were for sale one dutch and one mini lop. I have decided to get two mini lops (boy and girl) preferely two of the black and white ones!! I have contacted the breeder via e-mail to say what I'd like (boy and girl) and I'm just waiting!!! :D:D:D They were dinky!!!

Have you thought about rehoming a rescue bunny?? There are lots of minilops!! :D

Ahh they sound adorable,:love::love: but I'd imagine a lot of us would be curious to know whether you considered a rescue instead and if so, why you have chosen to go down the breeder route? I'm sure it's useful for rescues to understand why some people choose to buy rather than adopt, especially having spent some time on such a rescue-oriented forum like this. :D

I was going to rescue but then my breeder said she had two 6 months old buns (that was kind of rescuing) so i went there but she showed me litters so i was a bit surprised as she said i was going there for the 6 month olds. So thats how it happened. :oops:

I was going to rescue but then my breeder said she had two 6 months old buns (that was kind of rescuing) so i went there but she showed me litters so i was a bit surprised as she said i was going there for the 6 month olds. So thats how it happened. :oops:

lol 'while youre here you might as well look at the babies' then you go awww theyre so fluffy and impulse buy ... oldest trick in the book and the easiest to fall for!

At risk of repeating others, rescues have loads of babies too if you want cute baby ones ;) You are under no obligation to buy from the breeder.

lol 'while youre here you might as well look at the babies' then you go awww theyre so fluffy and impulse buy ... oldest trick in the book and the easiest to fall for!

At risk of repeating others, rescues have loads of babies too if you want cute baby ones ;) You are under no obligation to buy from the breeder.

Interestingly I'm not sure rescues tend to adopt out baby buns unless you are prepared to foster until they are old enough to be neutered. That was what we agreed to when we were planning to adopt Wingnut (who sadly died before we could take her home).

Obviously, the benefit to having an older (by which I mean juvenile) bun from a rescue is that the cost of neutering and vaccinnations will be included in the adoption fee and will probably work out at least 1/4 to 1/3 the price you'd have to pay for getting your babies neutered yourself.. Not to metion the benefits of getting a bonded pair from a rescue.

Have you considered these factors or do you feel pressured into buying from this breeder now?

This thread makes me so sad :(
I went into the RSPCA in York today and there were so many bunnies in there who had been in for way over 6/7 months. Many for more than a year.
I detest rabbit breeders and I think purchasing babies from them is just encouraging them to keep on breeding. It disgusts me.
I have an accidental litter who I desperately need amazing homes for and am really struggling... How people can breed shocks me. One accidental litter has scared me enough to be extra vigilant in the future.
Getting older rabbits from a breeder is not rescuing them, it's just freeing up more room for the breeder to pump out more.

It's interesting how on one hand people discuss pressure selling by breeders whilst on the other hand people are trying to pressure someone into going to a rescue.

By all means, let people know about the options but please do not pressure them into making the decision you want. It is their decision where to get their rabbit from not yours!

Back